The New Raptor is hatching.....

Second Raptor receiver prototype is on the way and I have also ordered two more barrel designs to test on the LRSS. Now just in the fine tuning aspect of development. My goal is to have the production Raptor LRSS ready to take orders on by this spring. Hopefully April/May. You all will be kept up to date with tests and changes to the rifle design.

I will also be testing the 225 and 250 gr Accubond in the 338 AX as well as the 265 gr HAT bullets which I heard were a source of quite a discussion here lately!!!

Its good to see a heated bullet discussion that I am not a part of!!! :D The old timer members will understand what that comment ment.

Bailey1474,

You were right there with me on several of those "debates/rear chewins"!!!

Change always brings passion out in some. IF the product is legit, it will stand on its own merits once a decent number of shooters get the product and report on results.

That is what happened with the old Wildcat bullets. I remember getting taken to the wood shed for saying the 270 169.5 gr ULD RBBT was producing a BC in the .740 range at 3300 fps and the 7mm 200 gr ULD RBBT was producing right at .900 BC at 3250-3300 fps. Not sure how many times I was flat out called a liar but then more and more guys started reporting the same or very similiar results and the debate was no longer a debate.

That will happen with these HAT bullets as well. I only wish they cost a bit less so that more shooters and hunters would be trying them so we could get the type of field testing we did with the Wildcat bullets. It will come, will just take more time.

THe debates were always exciting to say the least!!!

That will happen with these HAT bullets as well. I only wish they cost a bit less so that more shooters and hunters would be trying them so we could get the type of field testing we did with the Wildcat bullets. It will come, will just take more time.

Does the HAT bullet have a website?

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.