The New Raptor is hatching.....

kirby
what part of Oklahoma, I live in north central oklahoma. land were the wind comes sweeping down the plains.

That was one large deer.

Looks like an armadillo and two possums got thrown into the mix. :D

I don't know if you took the Auodad meat home but I suspect one that big and old will be the toughest meat you ever eat.

Great goin' Kirby and Korey! I cant wait to get out and see that big whittie'. Glad you all made it there and back safely. It was worth it though. Be seein ya.

Jim

+1, CONGRATS!!!
Glad to know the raptor behaved so well. Was waiting for the report of the hunt. Thanks for sharing the pictures and the details, enjoyed reading it.
Congrats for the whitetail buck, he sure is an awesome trophy.
What changes are you planning for the Raptor, I mean it behaved perfectly and you are already planning upgrades to it:)

Nice going Kirby and Korey. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad for you guys; some of us could not even afford to dream about hunts like that. So we're glad that many of you would be willing to share your hunts with great pictures and awesome write ups. Thanks!

As always, WOW. You always do the best job relaying with your hunts. I really appreciate your efforts. I wish that wind had laid down for yall so you could do some real barrel stretching.

Jumpalot,

I see no reason to only report the good results, we learn very little from that. Its the issues that need to be corrected that teach us the most. In most cases, when something goes wrong, its solely on my shoulders and I have been doing this long enough to know that to be a fact.

When something happens such as a miss that is totally unexpected, 9 times out of 10, its us the shooter, not the rifle or load that caused the miss. I am certainly no different then anyone else, at times I overlook things that should never be overlooked and the results speak for themselves when that happens.

One reason I report all the happenings on these hunts is to show a clear and realisitic representation of my rifles. No rifle will get you 100% kills every time, not even the very best in the world which I strive for when building my rifles. Those that think they can get a top end rifle and then slack on the pilot end of the game and still be successful are sadly mistaken and I try to point that out every chance I can.

I always say my customers make me look much better then my rifles. That means that without quality marksmen behind the rifles, they are nothing but chuck of steel and composite fiber. Its the shooter that makes the rifle not the rifle that makes the shooter.

Now if your a quality marksman, yes, the better quality rifle will allow you to perform better in the field but even then, if you do not pay attention to details, things will happen to us all. I see no reason not to share all my experiences, no reason to hide anything, I screw up from time to time also!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.