Raptor update.....

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
I know alot of you have been waiting patiently for some news on the new Raptor Receivers and LRSS and Stalker rifles. Well, we have made some important steps forward.

1. ATF approved my markings variance so that we now have approval to manufacture and sell the Raptor receiver and complete rifles.

2. CNC programs have been written and proven to make the manufacturing of the Raptor receiver very quick. In fact, I hate to even say this but projections are that once the final prototype is approved, orders can be filled in weeks, not MONTHs. I am very optomistic about this and if true, it could be one of the shortest times from ordering to shipping for each receiver.

3. Another great thing is that a Left Hand version of the Raptor will be available along with the right hand standard version. The ship times will be longer at first for the left hand models but they will be available.

4. We have upgraded the Raptor with a full length Stainless Steel 20 moa rail base mounted with 6 tapered head 8-40 mounting screws as well as being double pinned to the receiver so no rail slippage can occur.

5. The final Raptor prototype should be in shop within a week to 10 days. Once here and it checks out to my standards and all features are as they should be, I will make an announcement here on LRH that I will be taking orders. That should happen in the next couple weeks at the latest I hope.

6. Originally, I was considering only offering the Raptor as a complete rifle package in the LRSS or Stalker version. I have since decided that I will be offering the Raptor for sale as a loose receiver for those that want to have a rifle built by their smith.

7. Raptors will be avaible in single shot, repeaters with up to 4.000" mag box windows, Bolt face options from 0.375"(223 Rem) up to 0.585"(Lapua/Rigby/Wby) and with port configurations ranging from right ejection port only to left feed, right eject or vice versa for left hand models.

8. Current expected price for the Raptor receiver will be in the $1300 range + rail base cost which I have not received yet. Basically the same price for a BAT Model M and should be similiar to the BAT HRPIC receiver including rail base. It will come in several hundred less then a Nesika May model M with pinned rail base yet offer fully equal quality and many features that in my opinion make the Raptor a better long range receiver and platform for extreme precision long range rifles.

Again, I am hoping to have the final Raptor prototype receiver in shop very soon and when I do, I will be posting many detailed pictures of the new Raptor and will also be taking orders.

Members here will be the first to know when I am taking orders for the Raptors.

Its been a long time coming but we are almost there. I am confident it will be worth the wait for everyone that wants one.

Manners will be inletting for the Raptor but I am not sure if the MCS-5 will work. I have to talk to Tom and see if he will do a long action version that will work for the Raptor. Its a nice stock for sure, would be nice to have the option to use it on the Raptor LRSS.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.