The Berger Bull "Smack Down" Dance

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by Broz, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Two Bulls have been taken with my 300 win mag and 210 Bergers so far this year. I quit counting the nice bulls we have taken with this bullet over the years. Opening day I took a 4x5 freezer filler @ 425 yards. The next morning I took my friend to one of my honey holes and he used my 300 win mag to take this 6x7 at 643 yards. One shot and the bull traveled maybe 25 yards doing the "berger Smack Down" wobble.

Jeff gun)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

2. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member

Great write-up and nice pic. That is a huge bull. Makes me tired just thinking about the work it takes to pack an animal that size out.

3. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

LOL, its my favorite type of cardio.:D

Thanks
    Jeff

4. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

Fantastic !!!!!!!

5. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

Very nice bull!! So, he had a hard time holding the Berger gun)

6. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Bull was mostly broadside, but quartering to us a bit. Bullet entered in the crease just behind the near shoulder and exited to the back side of the ribs on the far side. Small entrance and caught a ribgoing in, 2" + exit. Both lungs were toast along with lots of unidentifiable dark red stuff. Yeah, he tried, but couldn't stop the Berger.:D

Jeff

7. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

Very nice bull Jeff, congrats on a good season. Was your buddy a first timer at extended range or has he been in the game awhile? he must have been pumped.

8. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Wow great bull Broz what would a bull like that score?

9. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Good goin'

Will see you next summer . . . wanna learn how to do dat!

10. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

He has hunted here for a while and I helped him get his .338 win dialed in to 4 or 500 yards with factory ammo. He has shot all my rifles to extended distances on rocks out to 1000 yards before, and he shoots well. The more he is around me the more he wants a custom rig. So I think he will be looking into it maybe for next season.

Jeff

11. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member

Next season is now. Tell him to get the project started!

12. Magnumitis

Magnumitis Well-Known Member

By the sounds of the title I was hoping there'd be a video. Great bull though. What's the score? Also, limited quota unit or general?

13. wolffman

wolffman Well-Known Member

Awesome bull! I havent found any animal yet that likes how the 300gr bergers feel :D

14. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

When I was bow hunting in Utah there was a herd bull that I enjoyed watching on several occasions as I only had a cow tag. He was killed during muzzleloader season and went 369. He looked a lot like yours and was a 6X7