The Berger Bull "Smack Down" Dance

Broz

Two Bulls have been taken with my 300 win mag and 210 Bergers so far this year. I quit counting the nice bulls we have taken with this bullet over the years. Opening day I took a 4x5 freezer filler @ 425 yards. The next morning I took my friend to one of my honey holes and he used my 300 win mag to take this 6x7 at 643 yards. One shot and the bull traveled maybe 25 yards doing the "berger Smack Down" wobble.

Jeff gun)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART_1319506322849Small-1.jpg

Great write-up and nice pic. That is a huge bull. Makes me tired just thinking about the work it takes to pack an animal that size out.

Very nice bull!! So, he had a hard time holding the Berger gun)

Bull was mostly broadside, but quartering to us a bit. Bullet entered in the crease just behind the near shoulder and exited to the back side of the ribs on the far side. Small entrance and caught a ribgoing in, 2" + exit. Both lungs were toast along with lots of unidentifiable dark red stuff. Yeah, he tried, but couldn't stop the Berger.:D

Jeff

Very nice bull Jeff, congrats on a good season. Was your buddy a first timer at extended range or has he been in the game awhile? he must have been pumped.

Very nice bull Jeff, congrats on a good season. Was your buddy a first timer at extended range or has he been in the game awhile? he must have been pumped.

He has hunted here for a while and I helped him get his .338 win dialed in to 4 or 500 yards with factory ammo. He has shot all my rifles to extended distances on rocks out to 1000 yards before, and he shoots well. The more he is around me the more he wants a custom rig. So I think he will be looking into it maybe for next season.

Jeff

He has hunted here for a while and I helped him get his .338 win dialed in to 4 or 500 yards with factory ammo. He has shot all my rifles to extended distances on rocks out to 1000 yards before, and he shoots well. The more he is around me the more he wants a custom rig. So I think he will be looking into it maybe for next season.

Jeff

Next season is now. Tell him to get the project started!

By the sounds of the title I was hoping there'd be a video. Great bull though. What's the score? Also, limited quota unit or general?

When I was bow hunting in Utah there was a herd bull that I enjoyed watching on several occasions as I only had a cow tag. He was killed during muzzleloader season and went 369. He looked a lot like yours and was a 6X7

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.