The Berger Bull "Smack Down" Dance

Very nice bull Jeff, congrats on a good season. Was your buddy a first timer at extended range or has he been in the game awhile? he must have been pumped.

Doesn't matter :) As long as a guy does the math and dials the dope. All the trigger person needs is a steady hold. Watched a 14 year old make a 712 yard first round shot on his first mulie from the prone(.300 Ultra with a brake) All was told him was dont worry about the distance, we have taken care of all that for you. Just hold steady just like your on the 100 yards range and squeeze. Bang! Flop!

Congrats on a very nice bull. The more I learn about the different calibers, the 300WM just seems to keep up there with some of the best performance.

Gordon

Congrats on a very nice bull. The more I learn about the different calibers, the 300WM just seems to keep up there with some of the best performance.

Gordon

That is my opinion too. I built this rifle with a max shot on an elk being 1000 yards in good conditions. It has 4 elk kills so far two in the 400 yard range, one at 803 and this one at 643, plus a black brear, several antelope, deer, coyotes etc. If I feel the need to go to longer distances I will take my 338 Lapua with 300 Bergers. But for the everyday pack in hunt my 300 has earmen my trust.

Jeff

Doesn't matter :) As long as a guy does the math and dials the dope. All the trigger person needs is a steady hold. Watched a 14 year old make a 712 yard first round shot on his first mulie from the prone(.300 Ultra with a brake) All was told him was dont worry about the distance, we have taken care of all that for you. Just hold steady just like your on the 100 yards range and squeeze. Bang! Flop!

sorry if you took my post the wrong way your right it dosen't matter. I was curious because I always get excited when some one takes a new guy out and gets him his first long range kill.

Please excuse me.

Congrats Jeff! Doubles is the way to go. Way to share!gun).........................................................................................

That is a great looking bull, good job. I wish I had terrain like that where I hunt. It is steep and thick

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.