Idaho bull down..................

Catahoula

image000000.jpg
Hey Guys, I drew a pretty good bull tag this year. The hunt was fairly difficult but I had a great time. Seen around 100 cows before I found a bull. Two days before the hunt ended I spotted a group of 8 bulls & took one of them The shot was 275-300 yards & I was packing my Remington 700 Classic chambered in 25-06. The load was a 100 grain Sierra Pro-Hunter with IMR 4831 powder. Muzzle velocity is 3320. One shot, one kill. Hit him with a high shoulder shot & he dropped stone dead in his tracks. I have killed many elk with a 25-06 & 100 grain bullets. I have bigger calibers up to a 375 H&H but the low recoil 25 is my go to meat rifle.
Thanks, Kirk
image000000.jpg

Congrats on a fine bull, like the looks of the ground you were hunting. I have been hunting the Salmon zone for years, missed this year due to injuries received in a car crash back in June.

Nice Bull, and nice shooting! 25-06 pretty under-rated as an all around rifle!

hey Kirk, congrats on your hunt!!! Beautiful pix and great story,yes makes me rethink about my 25/06 and what shes able to do. regards jeff

Congrats on what seems to be my favorite type of hunt...see and learn lots, and then pull it out of the fire right at the end.
Hope your bear seasons went well. Spring was pretty awesome up here with fall looking to be great till the smoke rolled in.
Again, congratulations

Congrats on what seems to be my favorite type of hunt...see and learn lots, and then pull it out of the fire right at the end.
Hope your bear seasons went well. Spring was pretty awesome up here with fall looking to be great till the smoke rolled in.
Again, congratulations
Hey toecutter, thanks for the reply! My bear season did not go very good. Hunted hard & seen 3 Grizzly & 1 black bear. Got a quick head shot at the blackie & proved I was still human. I missed! Still had a great year in the outdoors. Hiked a total of 145 miles this year. Next years goal is 200 miles.
Thanks, Kirk

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.