The “other” hpbt bullets for hunting?

Almost forgot about those jlk bullets! Thanks for the report. Are you able to upload a photo of the tip of this projectile for comparative purposes?
My best attempt with my IPhone. They all seem to be quite identical with what appears to be a clay like material leveled slightly below the end of the well finished tip. I use a .323 G7 BC and run them at 2985FPS. Never had one fail to expand on game.
6BBDF8BC-BBBA-466D-8822-F478C1028FC4.jpeg

I just built a 26 wssm AI and I am shootin the 139 scenar with very good accuracy at just around 3100, I may try it this year, if I can find some stinkin RE26 :(lolView attachment 139886

TwoMore, if you're anywhere close to central Indiana, I'll GIVE you a lb just to see what you can do with it. Gives me hope for something to do with the old 358 WSSM Indiana deer rifle!

Thanks for the kind offer! I still have a few pounds, just complaining lol I have had to put a couple rifles on a diet lately though , I dont want to burn through it :D

I've never shot any match bullets into an animal but I can comment on the Sierra 165 hpbt being an extremely accurate and deadly bullet. The bc is terrible but from a 3006 doing 2850 it don't matter too much out to 450yds. I've seen bull elk killed in the 300-450 range where the bullet entered, exited and liquified the internal organs with little meat damage. I think a lot of the performance is due to the lower velocity at those ranges. Absolutely perfect performance for a hpbt in my opinion, the 85 gr works admirably for deer and smaller game as well

Ahhhh, first world problems. It's good waking up in the US! Those poor souls in other countries that wake up in the morning "without"... all the while I sit on the balcony of a condo in Destin looking out over the ocean, drinking a cup of coffee and thinking about how I'm gonna spend the day sitting on a beach (not for me) watching my wife and daughter play in the ocean (not for me) and read on Long Range Hunting about how unethical it is to use "match" bullets on game (no matter how most effective some of them really are) or how shooting an animal in the shoulder makes me immoral.
Enjoy your "holiday" gentleman, and thank God for the rights that came with it!

Ps: I do recommend some bullets labeled Match for hunting, and I would rather lose a little meat busting a shoulder or two than have non at all (I have reason for saying that).

just head shootum lol
head.JPEG head1.jpgthe cull buck was a berger 168 out of my 7wsm, it penciled lol the big doe was a 250 berger out of my 338 rum it blew up on impact:D

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.