Terrible being a southpaw

I think you'll encounter the many lefties, like myself, that just shoot RH guns.
It may be a factor to the AR guys but has never been an issue for me.

got a lefty Ruger mark11 back in the early 90's and shot it til I built my Rem action rifle (one in avatar) FWIW I find it easier and a lot less headaches trying to track down a LH rifle to just build one, and you get everything you want...the do make left hand stocks for right hand rifles Rem actions anyway (ebay)

I have a Boyd's Left Hand Thumbhole Stock on a Savage 110 RH action, 7mm Mag. I'll dig it out and post some pics.

got a lefty Ruger mark11 back in the early 90's and shot it til I built my Rem action rifle (one in avatar) FWIW I find it easier and a lot less headaches trying to track down a LH rifle to just build one, and you get everything you want...the do make left hand stocks for right hand rifles Rem actions anyway (ebay)
Yes they do and I had one when I shot shiloutte. But a lefty has to take the rifle off his shoulder to cycle a RH bolt action. Not so with a LH action. I currently have Brownings, Savages and a Tikka in LH.

At 10 I had my '94, great for a lefty, I never noticed. At 14 I bought MY own new rifle, an '06 BAR. Not real accurate but........ . Then I bought a Ruger 7mm RH bolt, never could get off a quick second shot. After telling myself it's ok to splurge on a LH, fairly accurate rifle in the 90's (the wisdom of age) and to take my time on my shot I now have a LH 700 that runs circles around all the previous rifles I have had.
When we are shooting the pew pew pew AR's my buddies ask if the cases flying in front of my face bother me, I tell them I never notice them, and I don't.

Just out of curiosity is he also left eye dominant ? Otherwise he should shoot a rifle right handed. I am left handed / right eye dominant. I am unable to use a left handed rifle. Besides, most left handed people are somewhat ambidextrous. I shoot pistols left handed mostly but can shoot right handed if necessary.

I think they have conversion therapy available for this abomination. Start now and get him all fixed up.
Kinda funny you say that, not that long ago my sister had a very unpleasant conversation with my nephew's teacher that was making him do everything right handed to "correct" him! My dad told us that wasn't uncommon practice when he was growing up.

Both my kids shoot southpaw, just acquired a LH Savage 10 predator/hunter 260 Rem for the glass, neither of my kids want the rifle as they both have 308's, can send pics if any of you lefties are looking 208 731 0836, can be had reasonable only 60 rounds on it, basically nib

I'm left handed, my first rifle was a savage left handed bolt .22, then my next was a ruger left handed 30-06 when I was 11 for hunting deer and elk. had that until I was 20, then traded it for a right handed Remington (because the model I wanted wasn't made in lefty) that I eventually built into my .260 AI. I am currently returning to the dark side....and having a sub 9 lb .338 Norma Mag built on a left handed action. I have truly missed having a left handed rig....

Both my kids shoot southpaw, just acquired a LH Savage 10 predator/hunter 260 Rem for the glass, neither of my kids want the rifle as they both have 308's, can send pics if any of you lefties are looking 208 731 0836, can be had reasonable only 60 rounds on it, basically nib
Well you better sell that quick before they do shoot it. That's an accurate rifle and a dandy deer cartridge.

Well you better sell that quick before they do shoot it. That's an accurate rifle and a dandy deer cartridge.
I have a 10 on the wrong side for this post in the dreaded C word and it shoots lights out, I'm usually very proud of my kids, maybe I should just bought a box of shells let them shoot it and I wouldn't be in this pickle, told em' the gun was from Missouri, the show me state, problem solved, but your absolutely right about it being good medicine for deer, I'll leave that there caliber wise, lol

Right handed and left eyed here. I shoot lefty with right handed rifles. Like some others, I've never even shot a left handed one. By the time I was making enough money I could afford a lefty, I was so used to shooting right handed ones that I figured it'd throw me all out of whack. I can single feed about as fast as anyone id say off a bipod. I do shoot a left handed bow though. With that being said, if a person did want to shoot a lefty, there's definitely not near the options as right handed.

My two started out that way but as soon as I figured out they were left hand and eye dominant I bought them LH gear, I figured standing on the wrong side of the rifle was challenge enough, lol, it helped my daughter huge, my son had a little easier time shooting either

I have had 25 or so Lh bolt guns. Always been tough to find what I wanted. Sold a few and built a few. I now have 7 left and 1 more to sell, a LH mod 70 338. Sold 2 ruger stainless laminates and a 700lss in the last month. If I'm not shooting then they r goimg down the road. The boy is a lefty as well so I picked him up a custom 260 a few yrs ago and he loves it. I'm RH but left eye dominant. Started shooting Lefty about 6 when my dad started forcing me to. I can shoot either hand now but I still like to work the bolt on the left side. Just more comfortable.

Roy

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.