TC Encore 300 RUM

matchgrademachine.com will make you about anything that can be done safely. I got a picture of an rum that had come apart in a t/c and I see they don't list them.

I believe you saw what I was referring to in my previous post. I have nothing against T/C Encores, just that the RUM won't work.

JD338

I found the pics in my email, if anyone wants to see them i'll email them to you and you can post them. It takes me to long to get the pics on here, I have limited luck with that.

TC Icon 300 RUM - Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

I've been documenting things a little more closer here. It's a forum I'm on that has alot of local guys on it.

Has anybody ever heard of the guy I found that will make a barrel in 300 RUM I found?

I've found alot of guys that won't do it, and this one guy that will do it. That makes me a bit nervous about it.

Not just no, but hell no. I bought a 7mm Rem Mag Encore with dreams of having a single shot long range gun, and all I did was spend lots of money. With the money I have tied into that thing I could have just bought a Sendero. With the smaller calibers 223-7mm08 they seem to be OK, but thats it. There are alot of aftermarket things you can do to take the wobble out of the hinge pin and float the barrell, but it dosn't gain anything. Also most of the barrels I believe are made to shoot the more popular light weight ammo, not the heavy B.C. stuff we like. My 7mm Rem Mag would about beat you to death at the bench with an aftermarket recoil pad, I wouldn't want to feel a 300RUM. And to answere your question I have heard of it chambered in 300 RUM, but its a custom barrel. I even saw one in a 30-378. The best way I have seen to make an accurate by our standards T/C is to have a custom barrel made in 7mm 08 or 280 AI, use the oversized hinge pin, free float it, pillar bedding, and get the custom reloading dies made specifically for your rifle. Then MAYBE it will shoot good (to 3 or 4 hundred meters). I fell to the TV stardom of the Encore but don't you do it. Don't get me wrong, if your mission is to shoot a deer at 100 yards once a year then its an awesome rifle, but you won't need a 300 RUM for that.

Thanks for your response. Your experience is appreciated. I have plenty of other rifles to shoot deer at 100 yds though. I am looking for something to really stretch it out. I have a great custom 7mm rem mag, but I am looking to try a 300 RUM.

Maybe I should just get a Sendero and call it done. I also have a line on a BNIB M700 LSS.

Sorry to be so explicit, but I had my heart set on the rifle and it let me down hard. i'm trying to find a 700P in 7 Rem Mag now.

Idea has been scrapped. It was fun to research it. Thanks for your input guys.

I'm on the search for a Rem. M700.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.