Tc encore rifle barrel

Goose71

Looking to order a rifle barrel for my encore. Mgm is barrel maker I'm interested in. I'm thinking along the lines of a 6.5x47 lapua. Anyone have any input on this caliber.

Looking to order a rifle barrel for my encore. Mgm is barrel maker I'm interested in. I'm thinking along the lines of a 6.5x47 lapua. Anyone have any input on this caliber.
Real accurate cartridge. I use either 130 or 140 Berger's and Hammer Hunter 110s with either H4350 or Varget. Oh, and use Lapau brass.

I'll second bullberry, had great success with two different barrels from them before I got out of the encore platform.

I have a few MGM barrels and a couple Preferred Barrel Blanks (their bolt gun barrels). I have only had a problem with one of them. I have a couple of Bullberry, a Bellm barrel, and a couple of EABCO barrels as well. All shoot well.

I like the 6.5X47 round. It is very efficient. It should work very well in that Encore. 6.5 BR is another fun one. Just get 6 BR brass and neck it up. The 6.5 BRM from E. Arthur Brown is also a pretty good choice. It uses rimmed brass so insertion and extraction in the break-open guns is a bit easier.