TC ENCORE

CPerkins

Anyone have an opinion on the gun? What about a good caliber to get a barrel in? I have a muzzleloader barrel and a 25-06 heavy barrel now and looking into getting something else.

From everything i have seen with Encore's they seem to do better with the smaller calibers, 06 size and smaller. Around OK we sell a ton of them with short 223 to 243 bbl's on them for pick up guns for coyotes. I have also seen these small bore encores hold MOA out to 600yds in a factory gun with factory ammo.

YOu might wanna try something small for a fun gun to shoot.

steve

I agree with Steve's comment.
You can get the Win Mag's for the Encore but you will not be able to load them to bolt pressures and have good success IMO. An 06 cartridge or same boltface is about the ideal. Of course 280 AI can reach out there pretty good.

I have a heavy 308 barrel that was cut down to 20" , it sure make a light weight fast handeling rig very accurate to it'll shoot close to the 1/2moa out to 300yds with handloads.
with a little tuning and treeking the Encores can be made to shoot realy well.

Dead_beat , shoot me an E-mail and I can point you in the right direction for a good trigger.

jjones75 at bellsouth.net

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.