taper base

waylon

If I was going to make a tapered scope base how would you figure out how much to taper it.I shoot a state arms 50 but the most moa base he makes is a 21moa and I want a 30 or 40 moa base.

[ QUOTE ]
If I was going to make a tapered scope base how would you figure out how much to taper it.I shoot a state arms 50 but the most moa base he makes is a 21moa and I want a 30 or 40 moa base.

[/ QUOTE ]

A taper of 0.001 in 4" will give you 1" at 100yds.

For a 40moa taper, if they have a 21 base, you need 19 thou difference over a 4" section of the base.

Barrett makes a very clever scopemount that attaches to any Weaver/Picatinny type base, that is adjustable for taper.

I have one on my AR-50, and combined with a B&L 10x Tac, and set so the 100yd zero is at the bottom of the elevation range, it gives me a full 145 moa of "up".

I've got two bases and the one I want to make 40moa is flat and is 5-1/2 inches long can you tell me how much to have it taper thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.