WSSM Action Picatinny base ??

jmason

I have a WSSM action (not to be confused with the WSM) and want a one piece, Steel, picatinny rail for it. The only thing I can find that "spells out" that it's for the WSSM action and is steel is a night force base but is a "gunsmith" base which needs drilled for the receiver. Does anyone know if I can use a "WSM" rail or is the hole spacing differant? Or does anyone know where I can get a one piece, steel rail for my WSSM action that does not need drilled?

Wasn't sure where to post this so I figure I'd try here 1st. got no replies in the gunsmithing section.

Good question. I don't really know. Does ACI make a mount that will fit on the scope as well as the base?
db

Last edited:
I have a WSSM action (not to be confused with the WSM) and want a one piece, Steel, picatinny rail for it. The only thing I can find that "spells out" that it's for the WSSM action and is steel is a night force base but is a "gunsmith" base which needs drilled for the receiver. Does anyone know if I can use a "WSM" rail or is the hole spacing differant? Or does anyone know where I can get a one piece, steel rail for my WSSM action that does not need drilled?

Wasn't sure where to post this so I figure I'd try here 1st. got no replies in the gunsmithing section.

Sorry if I am missing something, I'm just trying to help. But, what type of action is your WSSM?

Winchester Model 70. You probably didn't miss it I probably left it out. Can someone look at their ACI and tell me if it has a pin or screw that must sit in the cross slot of a picatinny rail? If it doesn't have that then the KF base would be great!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.