WSSM Action Picatinny base ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jmason, Apr 16, 2009.

1. jmason

jmason Well-Known Member

I have a WSSM action (not to be confused with the WSM) and want a one piece, Steel, picatinny rail for it. The only thing I can find that "spells out" that it's for the WSSM action and is steel is a night force base but is a "gunsmith" base which needs drilled for the receiver. Does anyone know if I can use a "WSM" rail or is the hole spacing differant? Or does anyone know where I can get a one piece, steel rail for my WSSM action that does not need drilled?

Wasn't sure where to post this so I figure I'd try here 1st. got no replies in the gunsmithing section.

2. dbhostler

dbhostler Well-Known Member

3. jmason

jmason Well-Known Member

I saw that but also noticed they don't have the cross slots over the entire rail. Is that going to work with an ACI? I wanted to buy only one ACI and switch it back and forth between guns.

4. dbhostler

dbhostler Well-Known Member

Good question. I don't really know. Does ACI make a mount that will fit on the scope as well as the base?
    db

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  5. justgoharder

justgoharder Well-Known Member

Sorry if I am missing something, I'm just trying to help. But, what type of action is your WSSM?

6. jmason

jmason Well-Known Member

Winchester Model 70. You probably didn't miss it I probably left it out. Can someone look at their ACI and tell me if it has a pin or screw that must sit in the cross slot of a picatinny rail? If it doesn't have that then the KF base would be great!