Synthetic Tikka T3 stock

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by emmagator, Dec 14, 2010.

1. emmagator

emmagator Well-Known Member

Ok what would be a good synthetic stock for a Tikka T3. I have found a few, but they seem to lean more towards the tactical style stocks. Im interested in a good long range hunting stock, that will work good with factory lug and barrel. Thanks

2. emmagator

Nobody, well this is interesting:rolleyes:

3. emmagator

I received some information on another forum. They stated that Manners will inlet any of their stocks for a Tikka T3, can anyone confirm this?

4. Jumpalot

Jumpalot Well-Known Member

Don't know the answer, but you could call Tom yourself and ask. Nice guy and very helpful when I spoke with him.

5. emmagator

You can actually get him on the phone, rare these days with most companies? Well maybe ill try that then. Thanks

6. Jumpalot

I called and left a message and he actually called me back. I did have to wait a little over a week because he was at the SHOT show, but he did call me back and answered all my questions. I also had good success with him answering my emails.

7. emmagator

Well i confirmed this with another gentleman on another forum, who has a Tikka T3 and had manners custom inlet one of there stocks for him. So im thinking about the MCS-T for a hunting stock, what do you guys think?

8. Jumpalot

I have a Manners GAT on my Edge and it is great. I haven't heard anything negative about Manners stocks ever. If you think that's the stock you want, I would go for it.

9. elkoholic72

elkoholic72 Well-Known Member

Manner's stocks rock. Have one on my newest stick and couldn't be happier!! Mcs-t

10. emmagator

Here is the reply email from Manners...

"We can do this but it is not a standard inlet, in some of the stocks we will need to build the back tang area up. Also you must run the aftermarket CDI bottom metal that uses the AI mags, in all but the MC-T4. Thank you very much."

Im not sure if i want to run the CDI bottom metal and an AI mag system. Plus its just another expense.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  11. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

One thing about it, you'll have good bottom metal and mags!

Tank

12. emmagator

I can understand the bottom metal, but why is the AI mag a better option than factory?

13. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

There a little more sturdy. They were built to be used in a military application. Therefore they are designed to be reliable and tough. They are expensive, but for a normal shooter that only hunts or shoots target non-competitively, one or two mags will do ya. These clips are almost the industry standard. Almost all aftermarket makers have bottom metal designed for AI mags. I would like to see bottom metal designed for AR10 mags for bolt guns. Would be neat to have that for my 308 in a B&C stock.

Tank

14. emmagator

Another stock option for Tikka owners are these guys, seem to make a nice stock. Ive been in contact with them, im currently trying to gather a little more information about their product.

- Home