Suppressor direct thread or break mount

Elkeater

Is there any advantage to using a muzzle break mount like the asr break from silencerco when it comes to reducing recoil with a suppressor?

not anymore with the updated technology. I use several kinds, Direct Thread and adapters. I personally like the Brake versions because of the limited ability to use my cans gives you the recoil reduction when you are not running it suppressed

The brake adapter has no effect on recoil when the suppressor is attached. The suppressor will give you a good amount of recoil reduction by itself, whether direct thread or adapter mounted. The brake adapter will act as a muzzle brake and reduce felt recoil when the suppressor is not being used.
I started out with a 30 cal. Yankie Hill suppressor, which uses a muzzle brake type adapter. Since I wanted to use it on all calibers 30 cal. and below, I chose the YHM so that I could use different adapters to adapt it to
.224 caliber. That being said, every suppressor I've bought since then is the direct thread type. I like the cleaner look the direct thread and I normally leave one attached to the same gun

Are you going to be running this on several guns? If you are moving it around it is easier to get adapters, like the Area 419 adapters make it nice to run a single can on all sorts of weapon systems. Direct thread is Direct thread and can come unthreaded. Some devices ensure contact. What can are you looking at? I'd go TBAC

Are you going to be running this on several guns? If you are moving it around it is easier to get adapters, like the Area 419 adapters make it nice to run a single can on all sorts of weapon systems. Direct thread is Direct thread and can come unthreaded. Some devices ensure contact. What can are you looking at? I'd go TBAC
it's 'brake'......
Yes I know it's a brake. Welcome to the world of auto correct. And my new phone hasn't learned my preferences yet.

So I already have a silencerco harvester EVO in jail right now. It is compatible with asr brakes. I'll be using it on three bolt guns. A .300 win mag, 7-08ai, and a .243 win.

I'm not a traditional quick attach is better person. After being issued a direct thread and watching early versions of quick attach fail it was a no brained for me to stick with direct thread. At first.

Now as someone mentioned earlier, technology has come a long way and the stuff being produced now is much better quality. In my experience, taper mount style brakes are generally more accurate than other quick attach types.

IMO you can't go wrong with direct thread or taper mounts.

I prefer brake mounts for a few reasons over direct thread:
1. Brake mount mitigates the risk of cross threading and in turn monkeying up the threads on my barrel with repeated on and off mounting. Can still get this on the Brake but I would rather screw that up than my barrel.
2. Sacrificial baffle. I like the added beef of the brake in the blast chamber to act as an additional buffer and extender of life to the suppressor. This one really doesn't apply unless you are doing high volume or mag dump style shooting.
3. The aforementioned recoil mitigation offered by the brake when shooting without the suppressor.

The brake adapter has no effect on recoil when the suppressor is attached. The suppressor will give you a good amount of recoil reduction by itself, whether direct thread or adapter mounted. The brake adapter will act as a muzzle brake and reduce felt recoil when the suppressor is not being used.
I started out with a 30 cal. Yankie Hill suppressor, which uses a muzzle brake type adapter. Since I wanted to use it on all calibers 30 cal. and below, I chose the YHM so that I could use different adapters to adapt it to
.224 caliber. That being said, every suppressor I've bought since then is the direct thread type. I like the cleaner look the direct thread and I normally leave one attached to the same gun
Very opposite results post for me as my Silencerco ASR QD 3 port Brake mounts reduce the recoil the exact same with or without the can attached on my 243, 6.5 sucksmoor, 308, 30-06, 7mm RM, 300WM.
I prefer the QD style mount even the non-braked version. Mounts quicker and I don't have the worry of messing up the barrel threads.

One thing I will add to what I said earlier, technology has changed a lot. If Direct thread was superior we would see more and more of them. We aren't. There are hybrids like the TBAC CB brakes etc. Less threading the better, protects the threads . I have both and prefer brake mounted cans. The Direct Thread cans used to be more accurate , but that has improved so we are seeing a shift away from it more and more.

Again if you are not always running a can are you going to be threading on a break after each time on several different rifles?

If the can is going on several platforms brake style mount is the way to go.