Sub-MOA factory Rifles? Which do you prefer?

For $2k I would buy the cheapest Tikka, buy a 7PRC prefit barrel and a Stocky's VG Ultralight stock and call it a day. Stocky's is currently running their carbon stocks on sale for $399.

Nothing in factory configuration will run as smooth as a Tikka action and the factory trigger is easily adjusted if needed.

It sometimes hurts my feelings when a cheap factory rifle performs as well as my very expensive custom. I believe it comes down to the luck of the draw in factory rifles. We are blessed to have a plethora of solid factory options today. I just believe personal preference and fit and feel are the primary drivers in selecting a rifle.
While I agree on the importance of " fit and feel ", the problem is often having an example of a desired rifle to check out being available. I`ve been fortunate in my sight unseen internet buys, but they make me nervous nonetheless.

If 7PRC is the target cartridge, I would not go with a manufacturer that does not offer a rifle with faster twist barrels. I do not like to be limited on potential bullets to try. I would also be thinking about things like a threaded barrel for shooting suppressed and the weight of the rifle. There are some things that can be tough or expensive to improve once you buy the rifle.

Not on your list, but I second the TC Compass II, and also throw in the Ruger American Predator.
The TC put 5 shots into .358" at 100 with factory Hornady Ammo.
The Ruger put 3 shots into the .2s and .3s all day long with my handloads at 100.
Both of these are in 6.5CM.

Browning x bolt or Tikka. I bought an X-bolt 3 years ago and after the two successful elk hunts, I purchased two more. Accurate, light and the triggers are good for factory issue. At the range, I've shot 5 different Tikkas and all were 3/4 MOA or better. They are fine rifles too.

If you purchased a new non-custom rifle today, which would it be? Savage 110, Ruger Hawkeye Hunter, Browning, Winchester, Springfield Armory, Christensen Arms, Seekins Precision... I am interested in the 7 PRC. I don't have an unlimited budget, so $2K or less is the figure for the rifle alone.
Do you have a 7mm RM or a 300WM that you can rebarrel? For outstanding accuracy, rebarrel that rifle with a Carbon Proof, Bartlein, Hawk Hill or another renowned barrel maker. I have rifles from the above three companies, and each one shoots lights out. Each of the above rifles you mention above can have issues. Especially Christensen, and sometimes Seekins. Another option would be finding a slightly used $2,000+ rifle for < $2K

Recent Posts