sub moa accuracy of plain factory rifles stock

I don't think it has as much to do with my shooting ability as it is the gun itself.

This here is a stock out of the box about three weeks old Savage Max 1 Predator with no modifications. I have not even attempted to adjust the the trigger yet.

I think Savages are better than others when it comes to accuracy, but I believe the 6.5 cartridge is inherently accurate based upon design.

I couldn't agree more. When my less rifle savy friends are looking for a rifle I immediately suggest savage for 2 reasons: the accuracy and the cost. You simply cannot beat a savage's costs to accuracy ratio.

I have yet to hear about a 6.5CM that doesn't shoot well, factory loads included.

I took out my ruger predator 6.5 Creedmoor today trying the 130 berger hunting vld for the first time and i loaded it with 43.5 gn of rl-17 and i ended up printing a .386 in group at 100 yards. I had two bullets in one hole and the third one went off a tad. I dont know if its my fault but i always seem to throw my third shot even with letting the barrel cool. Really gets on my nerves.

I finally got around to reading this entire post and all I can say is

"WOW"

It has been interesting reading though.

J E CUSTOM

"WOW"

J E CUSTOM

Yep. Kinda looks like the custom rifle market is forever doomed. Can you imagine what will happen when those F class boys hear about the model 770?

"WOW"

J E CUSTOM

I tried to read this thread after seeing your post. I pushed the eject button before I could make it half way. Too much drivel...

They had a couple on the rack at WalMart today. Didn't even look at the price. It's not time to plant tomatoes here, yet. I was more surprised to see that I can order a genuine Colt LE6920 (2013 edition) and have it shipped with insurance for less than WalMart had on their off-brand offerings, by quit a bit I might add.

I like it I should use it in the garden then I could say I have a sub moa tomatoe stake that gets varmits 2.:Dgun)

racked a 783 Remington for ***** and giggles at the sporting goods store a way better improvement over the 770 for a baseline model still have that ugly plastic molded trigger guard has a savage type looking barrel nut and a accutriger looking trigger called the crossfire system and some type of pillar bedding In the stock with free floated barrel. Heared of some guys getting under .5 moa out of them I haven't confirmed it but sure its true that's easy with rite load in a bolt.

I like it I should use it in the garden then I could say I have a sub moa tomatoe stake that gets varmits 2.:Dgun)
I was thinking more in the line of a tomatoe stake or trellis for my pickles! Might be useful as a club to chase the varmints away, but that's all. It'd be 'disposable' at the end of the season, like the the other stuff that ends up on the compost pile. Definately, a thread about nothing, a waste of band width.......

no not a waste a look at the accuracy you can get out of even the cheapest gun is the point maybee a waste to you though.