Stiff Bolt Turning New Gun

DoneNOut

New Gun, new sized brass, bullets off the lands. Clean chamber and brass. Bolt rotates with stiff chambering. Even tried bumping shoulder back no change. Is the bolt face too long? Pushing the case hard against the chamber?

Are you measuring your bump with a comparator?
If you are take some measurements at the .200 line on new brass and fired, do the same at the shoulder.

Are you measuring your bump with a comparator?
If you are take some measurements at the .200 line on new brass and fired, do the same at the shoulder.
I do measure the shoulder bump on all my loads, however, This is happening with new sized brass. Haven't even fired the gun yet

Any marks on the brass when you chamber? Mark the brass with a black sharpie at the .200 line and shoulder see if its rubbing and were.

Any marks on the brass when you chamber? Mark the brass with a black sharpie at the .200 line and shoulder see if its rubbing and were.
I can spin a case freely inside the chamber. I think the ejector might be too tall or front to back bolt lugs too long.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.