Starting over.

Just as an update. Ended up with a 700 sps in 300 wsm, a primary arms 4-14 ffp scope. The 700 came with brass and dies, plus some loaded ammo. I would like to upgrade the trigger but the money isn't there for that currently. Hopefully I can get it shooting before the end of the year or just after, the trigger it has isn't terrible so we will see. The stock is crap. Can't wait to replace that. Will likely do that first. New stock probably in a couple months, new trigger this summer, will see where that gets me. Then the following year we will see about a new barrel, unless the scope proves to be ano issue.

Thanks for all the advice up to now, getting back to long range shooting even just by gathering up the stuff and looking forward to getting back on the trigger has been a therapy all its own! Sometimes you just need a distraction.

What kind of trigger and stock are you looking at. I have a old style remington trigger that I could part with. While not a timmey a little polishing and tuning makes them very acceptable. I also have a hogue sa 700 stock that I don't need. Not completely sure if it will work for the wsm but it's better than the plastic factory ones a little but not much.

What kind of trigger and stock are you looking at. I have a old style remington trigger that I could part with. While not a timmey a little polishing and tuning makes them very acceptable. I also have a hogue sa 700 stock that I don't need. Not completely sure if it will work for the wsm but it's better than the plastic factory ones a little but not much.

Eventually I would like to get the Magpul stock, might be interested in the hogue in the meantime. My trigger doesn't seem too bad, will likely just wait to get a new one rather than mess with anything in the interim. Send me a pm and let me know what you want for the Hogue, is it the one that comes on the 700 aac 308?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.