Spotting scope for LRH

srhaggerty

Which spotting scope do you guys use for long range shooting. I have been reading alot about how great Zeiss is, but wanted to see others opinions. Is there a lower priced high level scope like Kow or something that is great?

There are many optic shops that are sponser on this site, but I will give you my .02.

For good glass at a reseaonable price, I went with nikon. I thought the glass was good for the price. I have been really happy with it so far.
Here is a link to check it out. I got the straight eye piece.

Nikon - CameraLand NY

For good glass at a reseaonable price, I went with nikon. I thought the glass was good for the price.

I'll second that. I looked @ a Nikon ED 82mm 25x-75x right next to my 80mm HD 20x-60x Swaro. To be completly honest. there is no way I could justify spending the $1000-$1500 more for the Swaro. To my eyes the Nikon was just as clear as the Swaro. Resolution was indistinguishable as well.

Had most of them out there and I'll agree that Nikon is the one to beat for the dollar spent. Before you buy put a swaro zeiss and nikon side by side and decide which one does it's job and consider the cost vs. performance. Nikon is makeing some great scopes these days.

My Zeiss Diascope stays home while hunting. For field practice and hunting the Nikon ED 13-30x50mm is about the best small performing scope I've looked thru. I love mine and consider it one of the best pieces of EQ that I own.

There are many optic shops that are sponser on this site, but I will give you my .02.

For good glass at a reseaonable price, I went with nikon. I thought the glass was good for the price. I have been really happy with it so far.
Here is a link to check it out. I got the straight eye piece.

Nikon - CameraLand NY

What are your thoughts on the straight eye piece. Would you do it again?

Had most of them out there and I'll agree that Nikon is the one to beat for the dollar spent. Before you buy put a swaro zeiss and nikon side by side and decide which one does it's job and consider the cost vs. performance. Nikon is makeing some great scopes these days.

My Zeiss Diascope stays home while hunting. For field practice and hunting the Nikon ED 13-30x50mm is about the best small performing scope I've looked thru. I love mine and consider it one of the best pieces of EQ that I own.

How come your Zeiss stays home during hunting?

What are your thoughts on the straight eye piece. Would you do it again?

I never looked through the angled eye piece. I would think it would be more comfrotable while sitting and spotting. Try them out. I like the straight eye piece so far.

As for the question of why the Zeiss would stay home..the litte nikon is so light weight and the galss is amazing. THe only reseaon I bought the bigger one is I thought I would need more top in power. Those littel nikons are great!

Willys

I never looked through the angled eye piece. I would think it would be more comfrotable while sitting and spotting. Try them out. I like the straight eye piece so far.

As for the question of why the Zeiss would stay home..the litte nikon is so light weight and the galss is amazing. THe only reseaon I bought the bigger one is I thought I would need more top in power. Those littel nikons are great!

Willys

Well I really think I am going to get one of those ED versions.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.