What eyepiece for new spotting scope?

Svashtar

Finally upgrading my old (actually very good German glass) Bausch & Lomb 15-45 power straight eyepiece spotting scope. It's hard to use easily prone or off the bench, and at 40 years old I figure it's time (the scope, not me. I wish! 😉)

My choices on this model are a 20-60x eyepiece, or a 25LER eyepiece. I think the 25LER will be a lot more comfortable to use, but don't want to give up too much top end power, although I know that gets pretty shaky when cranked up. Most of my shooting is with a Garand or Scout rifle at no more than 200 yards, but I do want to get a long range rifle built this next year.

I also have never target spotted at anything over 300 yards, so don't know what longer range spotting entails, or how far out is even possible. (My sole long range claim was an 860 yard shot with my Bushmaster 5.56 and ACOG on a 3' steel target with a pretty stiff crosswind, but that was heard, not so much seen, by my buddy in a berm cutout downrange). Appreciate any thoughts or info, thanks!