COPPER!
Labradar
PRC
28 Noz
Vortex
Crispi

Oh, and gaiters when theres no weather....😁😁😁😁😁

Last edited:
For me....I have to say it's OYSTERS! I ate 6 of them the other night....and only THREE WORKED!
My wife and I love oysters.

1700964461686.jpeg

1700964479213.jpeg

I have stood next to a tree & had deer come in as close I could slap them in the face. They surely smelled me once they were beside me. They were looking & getting a little anxious. But they never took off in a quick manner. I stayed motionless. I have done this numerous times. And I am a cigarette smoker of 40 years. I was wearing black pants with a grey hooded sweatshirt. Nothing on my face. I'm not saying the camo & scent blockers are not needed. Or don't help. But in my situations I didn't need them. I was never one to sweat a lot to begin with. Which I believe is the game changer.
I wonder if the fact you smoke cigarettes might be the factor? The smell of smoke might overpower the human odor, so maybe the smell of smoke doesn't alarm them? The odor of smoke might make them notice, but the human scent means immediate danger to them, so they haul a** if they smell it.

Last edited:
This thread should be a sticky!

greater than $2500 riflescopes. Yes they may be better, but what job cannot get done with a Nightforce?

Most custom rifles over $4000….sorry…. Look at the price of a good lock, stock and barrel….you are looking at under $3000. Then consider how little work is being added to that in most cases. Then add in the factor of how few actually consider determining proper lop, stock fit, other ergonomics, what are you buying? This is not a complaint about the builders at all, but more about the collective us driving prices high and higher to achieve slightly better results that the oem's. The builders….i get the pricing. If people will over run you with work, prices have to go up, just to slow down the in flow, …..especially when so many things are in short supply or dropping out of the market.

Same with ultra high end reloading equipment…..how much better is ammo made on $2000 presses, with $4000 mechanical scales, annealed with $2000 annealers, seated with $$$ pressure measuring seaters, and primers seated with $800 tools?

Do we have $3 per bullet 30cal hunting bullets yet? Somebody needs to get on that!

I hope you read that as reflective sarcasm!

Spruce for the wildlife, and 2 stroke smoke for the lady.
I had to start my YZ85 this morning just to smell it, then couldn't resist going for a ride. If axe would come out with new scents such as spruce, and 2 stroke exhaust, they would be a huge hit.
I still have a bottle of Wet Gun Dog cologne that DU put out in the 90's.... it's magic in the duck blind when you add a fart in your waders.

greater than $2500 riflescopes. Yes they may be better, but what job cannot get done with a Nightforce?

I've been shooting 22LR at 6 & 700 yards and can say that any NF scope that can dial-hold and pick up hits and misses are going to cost well over 2500.

For me it is or was:
Labradar
Uber expensive bipods
RL 26- more the claims than the powder itself.

The internet changed the way we view things, and the way we spend money.
We as shooters are fools with our money, and I am no exception.

Two things I would never buy again, Subaru cars and the Dillon Super Swage. Anything else, YMMV.
A hunter/guide acquaintance cannot get his Kennetrex to last more than a year and finally switched to Crispis with durable results. Me, I love my Whites, on their third year with lots of rock, snow, stream and bog usage, and months of daily wear.
however it has been shoved in almost every piece of broken machinery you can imagine to confirm
I have determined the problem on multiple barrels and chambers with a bore scope, but by far their greatest application for me has been wrenching on cars and fixing stuff.
Edit: And any other 'bougie' clothing made for the ski slope pub. i.e. Voormi, Icebreaker
I ride year round. I have two Icebreaker hoodies, both 13 years old, that have kept my arse warm daily when riding into work. My experience is they last. Maybe the moths in your wallet decided to eat your knickers? ;)
if your scent is there regular, then no big deal, if it's new area that you are in....proof they gone in a blink...
Wear some AXE next time and answer the question, once and for all. Enquiring minds want to know!

Wow, quite the list. I love NF scopes and Retumbo - I tried using 8133 and N570 when it was so difficult to find, choosing to save what I had for my custom Lapua and custom RUM. But since it is available, I went back to Retumbo for a 300 RUM Sendero - shot three shots into 2" at 500 yards Friday morning.

For me the most hyped piece of gear is a Kestrel Elite. SIG Kilo10 (or any other RF that uses ABS) obviates its use. Along these lines, claiming reading the wind is as easy as holding up a Kestrel easily beats the super claims of 6.5 CM supporters.

Last edited:

Most custom rifles over $4000….sorry…. Look at the price of a good lock, stock and barrel….you are looking at under $3000. Then consider how little work is being added to that in most cases. Then add in the factor of how few actually consider determining proper lop, stock fit, other ergonomics, what are you buying? This is not a complaint about the builders at all, but more about the collective us driving prices high and higher to achieve slightly better results that the oem's. The builders….i get the pricing. If people will over run you with work, prices have to go up, just to slow down the in flow, …..especially when so many things are in short supply or dropping out of the market.

Same with ultra high end reloading equipment…..how much better is ammo made on $2000 presses, with $4000 mechanical scales, annealed with $2000 annealers, seated with $$$ pressure measuring seaters, and primers seated with $800 tools?

Do we have $3 per bullet 30cal hunting bullets yet? Somebody needs to get on that!

I'd like to see your parts list on a $3000 custom build.
I've built a lot of rifles Over the past 10 years. I buy all the parts when I find deals and I can't get there with parts I consider quality. Maybe I'm a snob but if I'm going custom I'm not buying the cheapest parts.

Well since my significant other buys my body spray, I had to go and look it is Axe Anarchy and the next one is Power stick intensity xj , but I usually buy scentless soaps and washes though I found a nice kind of pine scented one some years back, made in Finland I think, good for dry skin.

But honestly, I have went from tearing down ,the skidder,, diesel fuel, motor oil, hydraulic fluid...to out in the bush and the deer have paid me no mind because they have become accustomed to the scents of the equipment and people working in and around them.

Some of our spring and fall staff wear so much cologne on days off that you can smell them at 50 yards and I have seen the deer sniffing and sneezing when they go by them, funny thing.

Recent Posts