Some Piece of equipment you feel is overly hyped

Small Lady

Is there some piece of equipment you feel really doesn't deserve all the hype it gets.
For me it is Swarovski scopes.
They are nice enough, but while scope shopping, fellt they didn't improve over other scopes, that were priced less.
I was expecting to be amazed by them, after all I heard, and seeing the price tags.
But while trying them out, couldn't see how they were better than other high end scopes I was looking at. So it seemed like I would have been paying more, just for the name.

Precision Rifle Cartridges.

or is it Public Relations Cases?

Wait, we are supposed to be talking about a piece of equipment here…I always thought Huskemaw Optics were BAD overhyped, unless they have changed.
Never owned one a close friend did.

Last edited:
Is there some piece of equipment you feel really doesn't deserve all the hype it gets.
For me it is Swarovski scopes.
They are nice enough, but while scope shopping, fellt they didn't improve over other scopes, that were priced less.
I was expecting to be amazed by them, after all I heard, and seeing the price tags.
But while trying them out, couldn't see how they were better than other high end scopes I was looking at. So it seemed like I would have been paying more, just for the name.
Rifle scopes or spotting scopes? They have great glass in rifle scopes the rest sucks. Theyre spotters and binos are in league of own.

I will say this that it is very hard to tell how good a scope is by just picking it up and looking at something across the store. To see the real difference a guy needs to take it outside and look at something at distance with some sort of solid rest
As well as varied lighting and sun positioning.

I will say this that it is very hard to tell how good a scope is by just picking it up and looking at something across the store. To see the real difference a guy needs to take it outside and look at something at distance with some sort of solid rest

I was only looking at their rifle scopes.
They were nice, but half that price nice.

I have with several of them.
Can't tell anything inside of a store.