Best supplier of equipment in USA?

longshotjimmy

Hi all, I'm from NZ and will be flying to Los Angeles, then buying a truck and touring around for 3 months. While I'm over there I'd like to buy some reloading equipment for my 7mm RUM, a rangefinder, scope mounts, rail and a few other bits and peices. Where in the USA would be the best place to go to get all this stuff, or should I just order online from midway or something?

There are simply some questions that people do not wish to get involved in because they may be "blamed".

Here is something to think about. Cabelas has an "in store pickup" option. You should visit their website and check it out. Their prices are reasonably competitive. If you plan your trip and your ordering date carefully you could order the stuff once you get to the US and then swing by the correct store and pick it up once it has been received.

If you use the link at the top of this forum, then Len can afford a new camera lens.:D

Touring around for 3 months leaves a lot of options. Will you be flying to LAX and touring to New York State or will you be touring the west coast and western states only? Do you want to drive a week to a store for a reloading press or do you want to find it close to where you will be?

Major stores are Cabela's, Sportsmans Warehouse, and Bass Pro Shops. There are many smaller outdoor stores that carry reloading supplies as well. Your post was a little to vague in what you are looking for and where you will be visiting over a 3 month period.

I think BuffaloBob got it right. Get on a computer when you get here, order it from Cabela's, and just pick it up all up at once at the store you designate. That will be simplest and easiest way to buy the stuff.

I also agree about Sinclairs in Fort Wayne, IN. I go there fairly often and in the odd case that they don't have what I'm looking for I go to Midway.com and start reading reviews on new products or buy whatever regular supplies I would have.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.