SIZING PROBLEM

ickes123

GOT A SET OF RCBS 22 CREEDMOOR SIZING DIES AND AFTER SHOOTING A SHELL THE CASE SIZE WILL NOT CHANGE ANY AFTER RUNNING IT THROUGH DIE SET. OAL IS SAME BEFORE AND AFTER. TRIED SETTING DIE EVERYWAY POSSIBLE AND IT WON'T CHANGE A THING. IF I PUT MY 6.5 CREED DIE IN II CAN BUMP ITNO PROBLEM.

You chamber may be tighter spec than the die. Try using a magic marker, black the entire case. Run it through the die and see if it is actually sizing the case. Also, measure neck, shoulder case junction half way down case and just above web. The die may in fact be sizing the case some, just not enough to need to trim or see in longer OAL of the case.

Get a comparator and check your shoulder bump its the only true way to check other than that its just a guess.
Depending on brass, how hot load is and times shot may take 2 or 3 to get the shoulder fully formed.
I've had to take about .005 off shell holders to get a die to bump the shoulders.

You chamber may be tighter spec than the die. Try using a magic marker, black the entire case. Run it through the die and see if it is actually sizing the case. Also, measure neck, shoulder case junction half way down case and just above web. The die may in fact be sizing the case some, just not enough to need to trim or see in longer OAL of the case.
I D
Get a comparator and check your shoulder bump its the only true way to check other than that its just a guess.
Depending on brass, how hot load is and times shot may take 2 or 3 to get the shoulder fully formed.
I've had to take about .005 off shell holders to get a die to bump the shoulders.
I DONE THE MARKER THING AND MEARURED WITH A COMPARITOR NO SCRATCHES ON CASE AND NOT CHANGING ANYTHING. THE 6.5 DIE DON'T HIT MANY PLACES BUT DOES BUMP SHOLDER. BRASS WAS FIRED 2 TIMES. TAKING .005 OFF IS PROBABLY THE ONLY THING TO TRY.

So the really important question, does the brass chamber easily after running it through the die. If it does, why do you want to squeeze it down even more? You are working the brass and creating headspace you don't need to have.

I would send 4 of the once fired brass and the dies to RCBS. They will fix the issue without any argument. Do not mess with the dies as they won't fix anything after that.

By the way, suggest you take your Caps button off. All capital letters is considered yelling when it comes to social media.