Nagging Problem

The bowers silicone cover sounds really interesting. This is the sort of feedback that I was looking for. Thanks.

DSheetz, The cover knocks down the heat signature that you have to look through when shooting. Without some sort of cover, after 3 to 4 consecutive shots, there is nothing but a bunch of intermittent blurry squiggles dancing through your field of view. from the heat off of the suppressor.

I ordered the Bowers....looks like this will be great. I think that it is rigid enough to attach my Magnetospeed bayonet to as well. Thanks again. Nice people to deal with over there too.

This may not be right forum to pose this question, but I didn't know where else it would fit better. I have this nagging problem in that my suppressor cover slides forward and backward on the suppressor. this happens no matter how tight I cinch the velcro straps. I have a Silencerco Hybrid, with an anchor brake on the end, so it would seem that difficult to use one of the types that roll over both ends of the suppressor. I am wondering if anyone out there with this suppressor or similar ones have a solution to this issue?
Guys....as far as suppressor covers are concerned..go to Lowe's or your hardware store / Plumbing Dept. Purchase a burn blanket, this is a felt looking material that plumbers use to keep Fromm catching wood frame houses on fire when they sweat in pipes. $16, cut to fit your can and zip tie it on. Works better than any I've tried....

I ordered the Bowers....looks like this will be great. I think that it is rigid enough to attach my Magnetospeed bayonet to as well. Thanks again. Nice people to deal with over there too.
I have heard they are a pia to install and super hard to remove, and if left on for long periods of time over heat/cool cycles they tend to "bond" to the suppressor and leave a bit of the sleeve on the suppressor when removed--- but I have never personally tried them so this may have been an isolated incident --let us know how they work for you

to install I just start the cover then while holding it I hit the base of the silencer on a solid carpet or rubber surface and it goes right on. I leave it on the gun to take off

So then it is a heat shield and used to keep heat waves from interfering with sight through the scope . When I was working we used burn blankets when welding some were a woven fiber glass some were a black carbon fiber and some of the thicker ones were made of the woven material over ceramic fiber any of the insulation shops that do industrial insulation ,for boilers, steam piping ect. in your part of the world will have the materials on hand and often will give you scraps of the material to try they also should have S.S. zip ties to keep it on with .

Take a piece of the thin burn blanket with high temp silicone and attach it only to the top of your suppressor. This will disrupt/ remove the mirage that is in your line of sight but still let the suppressor cool much better than most covers will. It also won't move around like a cover.

The Armageddon Gear suppressor cover cinches down behind the back end of the can so there is no way the cover can slide forward. When you need to cool your suppressor you can just slide the cover back. Once it's cooled down just slide the cover forward again. Super slick and easy.

automotive spray upholstery adhesive works great if you're not getting the suppressor super hot. Spray just a little bit on the can, let dry, then add the cover. This is also how to keep your magnetospeed from walking.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.