Sinclair International neck turning tool

yogibearmech

So I have a Sinclair neck turning tool. Have enjoyed it up till about a year ago. I went to turn necks and noticed it was leaving ridges in the brass. It was my first time working with ADG brass. Thought maybe it was the harder brass. I thought maybe I damaged the cutting blade somehow. I purchased a new blade and tried it on a new 6.5 PRC brass by Hornady same results. Wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this? Thanks in advance.

Just finished 100 with mine. 50 ADG and 50 Peterson
Did just fine with most. I was a little rusty since I haven't had to do any lately. Ridges are a function of drill speed and how fast you feed the brass. I'm assuming you turn yours using a chuck and hand held drill.

They really need to make the cutting blade longer to avoid this. Some go over the turned area with fine steel wool to smooth out the surface.

I get them too. It simply means your cut needs to be a tad deeper. Move the blade down one or two ten thoss

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts