savage 12BVSS 300wsm

camoman80

I just bought a savage 12BVSS 300wsm, and was wondering if any won has any suggestions on loads for it. I have tried the winchester silver balistic tips and they work alright for a deer rifle but not good enough for long range varment shooting. I have also droped into a seller and bellet stock( I am still wondering if it was the right thing to do). Any sugestions are greatly appreciated on loads acurizing or anything partaning to the rifle.

To extend my previouse information i have trid reloading some but stil nothing special. So i thought I would see what eveyoneelse likes.

I cant help you with powder weight, however I would defidently try the 178gr A-Max's for sure.
wink.gif

CAMOMAN: I thought a load i worked for short to medium range(upto 600yds)in 300 wsm might be helpfull to you.I shoot a Win. Mod70 Stealth, and in this rifle it is wonderfully accurate and easily holds 3/4 MOA at all distances. Starting with winchester brass these are primed with Federal large rifle magnum match primers,setting off a charge of 63.5 grns of H 4350 Ext. This launches a 185 grn Lapua Scenar HPBT bullet. This load chrono's 2850fps. Although the Scenar is a match bullet, i have been reliabally informed that it is an excellent perfomer on game.expanding superbly. Well there we are, i hope this info will help you in your quest for long range varmints.

Good hunting to you all.

Camoman,
I reload for a buddy who owns a Browning A-Bolt in .300WSM. I use Nosler's 165gr Ballistic Tip ahead of 69gr of RL22, pushed by a Rem 9.5Magnum primer, in winchester cases. This load is sub .5" in his rifle. Johnny K.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.