Suggestions 300wsm

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by buckhunter50, Oct 25, 2012.

1. buckhunter50

buckhunter50 Member

any ideas for a gunsmith to build a light weight tack driver....ive been viewing lrh forums for a while (non member) ive noticed that a lot of the guns on here are heavy....im looking for a light weight 300 wsm 24inch barrel around 7 pounds....is that possible or would you suggest just buying a 700 or a 70 (really like the looks of the extreme condtions but ive read bad reviews).....i have a a 700 sps 308 just sitting in the safe could be used for an action ( but i hear conflicting stories on sa used for a 300 wsm)...budget would be under $2000....

2. Rem700

Rem700 Well-Known Member

A good gunsmith can build you whatever you want. If you want a 300 wsm, I would suggest buying a action that is chambered originally as a wsm or rsaum. It will save you the cost of paying a gunsmith to open the action and bolt up to accept that case and have a new extractor installed.

You can go with a custom action too! It will push your budget to the limit. But it won't need accurized like a factory action will, Saving you cash that way, you'll need to buy a floorplate, follower, etc. And a trigger for it, since most don't come with any of that stuff.gun)