RUM brass sticking in dies

450hunter

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with RUM brass sticking in there dies. I have never had a stuck case before I started reloading for my 338 RUM. I now have had 3 stuck cases. My brass is Remington and I have been using Hornady Unique case lube. Also I have been using RCBS and Lee FL sizer dies.

I did a search on the Internet and found a couple people having issues with RUM brass sticking a lot but there was no answer on the issue/fix. Thanks in advance for any info/advice.

The first thing I would try is a different case lube. I like Hornady Unique for some things but I don't think it is the best lube for FL sizing large cases, especially if you have a chamber that is a little on the large side of specs.

I had this problem as well at one time. Turned out I wasn't using enough case lube. I use imperial sizing wax.

I use Hornady Unique too and I've never stuck a RUM case. Try applying a little more lube. I doubt it's your dies.

Another vote for imperial, was using Lee case lube and stuck my first 300 rum case that I sized. Friend suggested imperial and have not had a stuck case yet.

I have used Unique with great results but I will look for some Imperial also and give it a try just to see. I will also try putting a little more lube on the cases. I can honestly say out of 20+ years reloading I had never had a stuck case until my RUM.

I would like to thank everyone for there input/knowledge. It is great to be able to ask a large pool of people about different issues. Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.