PPU 7mag brass sticking

I bought some new PPU brass (because it was all I could find) for my 7mag. I'm noticing some of these cases are wanting to stick in the chamber so I'm having to bump the bolt to get it free. It only does it on 50-60 percent of the rounds and not showing any excessive pressure such as hard bolt lift, ejec marks etc.. I'm curious if its just the sizing of the new Brass?
I use them in my .270 Win without any problem. I will be using them also in my .264 WM. Just shot 2 boxes of their factory ammo to break-in the barrel. However, I have not started load development yet. I would certainly give @L.Sherm's recommendations.

I bought 50 pieces of PPU 7mm Rem. Mag. brass several years ago when nothing else was available. Seems to be as good as anything else, but it weighs 14% more than Winchester brass and had enough reduced capacity that I had to adjust the charge down to get the same velocity I was getting with Winchester brass. All PPU 7mm Rem. Mag. may not be like this. This is the only PPU rifle brass I have used.

I bought 50 pieces of PPU 7mm Rem. Mag. brass several years ago when nothing else was available. Seems to be as good as anything else, but it weighs 14% more than Winchester brass and had enough reduced capacity that I had to adjust the charge down to get the same velocity I was getting with Winchester brass. All PPU 7mm Rem. Mag. may not be like this. This is the only PPU rifle brass I have used.
Same here. I had to pull 1 grain off my load to reach the same velocity im getting with RP brass.

PPU brass is normally thinker and weighs more than most all other brass. my friend has PPU in 10X57, 9X57, 7X57, 8X57, 6.5X57.... yes this guy is a devout Mauser cartridge fan. Although I can not get him to try the 6MM Rem and the 257 Roberts. every time he changes over to PPU brass we have to load down each of his previous loads by at least 1.2 to 2.6 grains or we get severe pressure signs.

PPU brass is normally thinker and weighs more than most all other brass. my friend has PPU in 10X57, 9X57, 7X57, 8X57, 6.5X57.... yes this guy is a devout Mauser cartridge fan. Although I can not get him to try the 6MM Rem and the 257 Roberts. every time he changes over to PPU brass we have to load down each of his previous loads by at least 1.2 to 2.6 grains or we get severe pressure signs.
Same here. Ive came down 1 whole grain and still running about 75fps faster than my dial is made for and flattened primers as well.. I'm about ready to pull the plug on it due to shortage and also the price of dang LRX bullets.

Measure the base of your brass before you shoot it at the .200 line and after.
My guess is the PPU is thicker there is your problem if your not sizing the base enough. Same principal as Alex talks about in the PRC die problem thread.
Or is it a RR rem action could be a primary extraction problem combo with base size.
I used another die and those rounds didn't stick. Thanks for the input

Brent Cook, I hear ya, I have been under loading PPU brass just to keep the pressure to allowable and using slower burning powders. it's just to the point I either need to sell all the PPU brass or I will have to only use PPU brass. using a mixture just is not working.

Brent Cook, I hear ya, I have been under loading PPU brass just to keep the pressure to allowable and using slower burning powders. it's just to the point I either need to sell all the PPU brass or I will have to only use PPU brass. using a mixture just is not working.
Yes I'm thinking on selling or trading the 50 pieces of PPU that haven't been fired for some RP, FC or Hornady brass. Those 3 have been interchangeable with very little to no adjustments needed in the powder charge to keep velocity the same.

tripodmvr7, case weight normally dictates the case volume. PPU weighs so much more than most other brass it has to be less volume. that is why I always dry weigh and then weigh the water that fills the case to make sure. PPU brass consistently ranks top dog on least case volume. no other case can ever be substituted for PPU.

Brent Cook, I might have a solution to your problem. if you would not mind trading the shot and virgin PPU brass for maybe Win Super X or WW, or Win or RP... I will let you know what happens with the guy that is scheduled to come in today.

A bit off topic but related to case capacity...I've used mostly Winchester brass in a .300 Win. Magnum. I began using some once-fired Barnes .300 Win. Mag. brass. The Barnes brass was 10% lighter than the Winchester and had three grains greater water capacity than the Winchester. To get the same velocity I was getting with the loads using Winchester brass and a 200 grain bullet, I had to increase the H4831 powder charge by 1.5 grs. with Barnes brass. Not a great deal, but something worth noting.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.