Sticking brass

pdog shooter

I have 50 peterson brass that I believe is ruined and its "fat" brass. Load was for 6.5 creedmoor, 42gr H4350, length to .002 lands. Full resize and it chambers fine. Fire it and that bolt will not open, pulls past extractor and drive out with rod. And that's with reduced load safely off lands. I cut one open and could see no sign of thinning. If it were the shoulder I could understand but it's the body webbing area. That load was so accurate. Any ideas?

Never experienced this with 22-250, I'm new to the 6.5

Attachments

• brass.jpg
    brass.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 468
Use a Wilson cartage case gauge on all, no trimming required yet. After cleaning with kroil, barrel and chamber have dry swab run thru several times and then chamber gets alcohol swab. Never tried a chamber brush, put that one in the cart. Might put a small base in there to but Im kind of doubting my logic on that one. Started out using nosler brass with this barrel and had concentricity problems, not bad but 2 or 003. 300 peterson brass arrived and the concentricity cleared up. Sticking problem started on 4th​ firing and yes the primers have somewhat mushroomed out in the pocket. About like the 10000 or so 22-250 Ive loaded.

Thanks for taking the time

I have used a 20 guage mop for shotguns soaked in Alcohol to make sure the chamber is clean.Sizing residue in the chamber has gotten me several times.Just clean it good.If you put oil in the chamber for any reason that can affect case release as well.
Since the brass shot 4 times before I think the brass is fine.
I always tumble after cleaning sizing lube off with a cloth just to make sure it's off.
I hope the solution is a simple one.

what bullet?
You got a darn good idea, question
140 ELD M
OG not very consistent, out of the 10 I just measured there was a 003 og difference. Maybe thats why the RDFs cost twice as much.
Maybe after 4 reloads at the upper end of the powder charge half were probably touching the lands. grasping at at straws

You don't state what bullet, however 42.5 grains of H4350 at the lands is far from a "reduced load". You are at Max with a 130 and are over Max with a 140 and are at the lands compared to book lengths. I'd back off the charge and move away from the lands .020 and work up.
Reduced was 39.8 and it still sticks.
Always told them at the power plant. You didnt hire me for my admin skills

Most likely was a pressure problem. You guys think the brass is ruined? primmer pockets still nice and tight. and it makes such straight bullets. Never had this before but never had peterson brass either. Im use to necks and shoulders splitting. Not trashing peterson by any means and would buy more if available. would stay under 40 gr this time

Most likely was a pressure problem. You guys think the brass is ruined? primmer pockets still nice and tight. and it makes such straight bullets. Never had this before but never had peterson brass either. Im use to necks and shoulders splitting. Not trashing peterson by any means and would buy more if available. would stay under 40 gr this time
i think the brass may have less internal volume, causing increase in pressure