Reviews of SilencerCentral.com -what say yea?

Can't say for SilencerCentral but SilencerShop was smooth sailing. Could have been them and the knowledge of the workings of my SOT but I am going back!

My experience wasn't positive. Sure, it's easy as you don't have to leave the comfort of your home. But at the cost of long wait times, multiple excuses and flat out lies. It only took them 10 months and 2 days, from purchase to can-in-hand on a e-file. And then, if you leave them a less-than-flattering (but truthfull) review, the emails, texts and phone calls start pressuring you to change your review. Funny how that works, they all of the sudden have your contact info for that, but can't seem to be able to get ahold of you when THEY screw up....

If you are a set it and forget it person who wants the easy path to getting into one, then silencer central is the way to go. I have bought 3 of them through them and you can order any suppressor from them not just the one they promote. If you want clear communication with updates and are not worried about the extra time it takes them to process it for you then maybe stay away. Huntsman22 is not the only person I have heard complaints from, I myself am less then thrilled but they sure do make it easy for you to not have to go anywhere and to me that's a big seller. Plus they do the trust all for you. It's a little different for me as a drive by there shop all the time.

If you are a set it and forget it person who wants the easy path to getting into one, then silencer central is the way to go. I have bought 3 of them through them and you can order any suppressor from them not just the one they promote. If you want clear communication with updates and are not worried about the extra time it takes them to process it for you then maybe stay away. Huntsman22 is not the only person I have heard complaints from, I myself am less then thrilled but they sure do make it easy for you to not have to go anywhere and to me that's a big seller. Plus they do the trust all for you. It's a little different for me as a drive by there shop all the time.
Same experience and thoughts. 15 months, but that was paper.

I did the Silencer Shop Kiosk when I bought mine, super easy process. Wait time still sucked and it seems like the e-file has done little to speed up the process.

Last edited:
I've used them before and I'll share a brief summary of my experiences.

First can I bought was through them in 2018. They created a trust for me, can was in stock, and the paperwork was filed within a week or so. Got my can just under a year later, which SC (Dakota Silencer at the time) has no control over. All in all, it was a great, easy, positive experience.

Second purchase through them was for two cans (Black Friday special) last November. My trust, that they created, already existed so no reason for delay there. I even called and emailed several times to make sure they didn't need anything from me. Hearing NOTHING from them, I assumed that the process was progressing smoothly. As soon as I made by Black Friday purchase, SC announced the transition to e-file. I contacted them again and asked if my application could be changed to e-file (keep in mind, this is a week and a half after I placed my order) and was told "absolutely not", because my order had already been filed as a paper application. In mid-December, I get an email saying that I need to sign some paperwork.

Then, the second week of January, I get an email saying that I need to update my photo so they can submit my application. What the heck?

I got so disgusted with their lack of communication and ridiculously slow processing that I finally emailed them on January 26th and said I wanted to cancel my order (which they hadn't even SUBMITTED yet. I received a phone call from some general manager who half-assed apologized for the delay and told me they would fast-track my application paperwork, saying that they're short-staffed. Two days later, I got an email confirmation that my application had been submitted on January 28th. 63 days from order (and payment!) to them finally getting around to submitting my paperwork to the ATF. So now instead of being at the 11 month point, and maybe seeing the light at the end of the tunnel as far as waiting for the ATF, I'm only at 9 months due to their incompetence.

Never again will I purchase from Silencer Central. They have literally the worst customer service I've ever dealt with and they care more about building fancy new headquarters buildings and signing Hollywood and Nashville "stars" than the customers who give them their hard-earned money. I wanted to support a "local" company which is why I went with them in the first place (based out of South Dakota, Banish cans are made by Mack Brothers in Sturgis, SD just down the road from me) but if I had it to do over again, I would purchase my cans from Lane Suppressors (Rapid City, SD) or just buy direct from Mack Brothers, or TBAC or any of the host of other quality manufacturers.

Sorry for the long rant, but I can't recommend Silencer Central to anyone based on my experience with them.

I purchased a banish can from them in 2018, and two in 2019 - black Friday deal where I got a free rimfire with purchase of a banish 30. Both times process was very hassle free, and they set up the trust. Second ones there was about a month between ordering and getting notice that paperwork was sent to ATF. First one was right at 11 months from ordering to receive, second ones was 8 months. Its the only place I have bought from and the banish cans are the only ones I've been around, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

I've purchased 3 from them and am waiting on 2 more. Wait time isn't their fault - they had my paperwork filed within a week. All of this speculation that e-file would take 3 months or less was total BS though. I'm right at the 6 month mark on the last 2 that I e-filed for in early April. My prior cans took 10 months, 12 months and 14 months, but that's similar to my experience with local shops in Oregon, and Silencer Shop is so much easier because they ship them right to you.

Considering getting a suppressor thru them was wondering people's experiences?
med358 purchased 2 so far,the girls in the office were awesome,they had all my questions answered,if I needed anything they were there for me .As for Silencer Central they are a Class Act Corporation they file everything quickly on their end and keep you informed all thru the steps. Can't brag enough about the ladies in the office they are great and know their business. when they send the info in, the wait time is up to the Gov't sometimes they are pretty quick and other times they are slow it seems but what do you expect its the Gov't.but when you have all your ducks in a row its not that bad but this is what they do and they are good at it. Would I use them again? You Bet I Will!! Great company