Range Finder dilema.

Reticle is decent, unfortunately I dont have alot of experince with the Leica or Swaro (read, none) but the optics are nothing to complain about.

I'll try and do a full review tomorrow when I'm not as busy. These are very new but also very appealing and for a good reason. Like I said, made in Canada!

Check out Newcon Optik's other gear. They make very high end night vision and an LRF that is rated to 3500 meters!

I have a Newcon 1500 and it works well enough for the money. It will wash out in strng sunlight but not many of them won't. I have used it to eange out to 1250 yards it was partlt cloudy but it worked fine. In my op for the bucks you can't go wrong.

I have been using a 1600b and have been very impressed with its ranging abilities, plus its size is super convenient for hunting applications as it fits easily in any pocket. It has lots of ballistic curves to choose from, though I wish you could customize. One advantage aside from angle adjusted ballistic ranging over the 1600 is the barometer output reading. Its not hard to find deals right now on 1600.

The best deal going right now for the straight 1600, not 1600-B, is Camerlandny.com

Leica - Camera Land NY

$649.99 for the Leica 1600. They normally retail for $799.99 along with the 1600-B.

The 1600 will still range just as far as the 1600-B, 1975+ yds for me, and still has the 12 ballistic curves to get you to 575 yds. Any further and you just pull the angle, temp and baro pressure data off the unit to input into your handheld ballistic program.

Alan

I have a Newcon 1500 and it works well enough for the money. It will wash out in strng sunlight but not many of them won't. I have used it to eange out to 1250 yards it was partlt cloudy but it worked fine. In my op for the bucks you can't go wrong.

My GF got me a Newcon 1200 for my Bday it arrived yesterday. I haven't had much time to play with it yet but the little I have it seems to work pretty well, haven't got it to fail or give me a false reading, even when ranging a roof just over a white privacy fence it didn't pick up the fence.

That will depend on your personal use. I only use my Rf's for an accurate distance reading as I use a seperate program for dial ups. So the 1600b would not do me any more than the 1600.

Jeff

Hi Guys,
I was reading the owners manual for the 1600B online and noticed it says on page 2 "This product is manufactured under license from Leupold & Stevens, Inc."
Any ideas on what this means please?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.