Range finder advice

pdugas

My Leupold range finder went belly up. I'm looking for advice on a replacement. I don't need one with all the bells and whistles. I'm looking for one that is easy to use in the $200 - $400 price range with a decent warranty . It will be used mostly for handgun hunting.

My Leupold range finder went belly up. I'm looking for advice on a replacement. I don't need one with all the bells and whistles. I'm looking for one that is easy to use in the $200 - $400 price range with a decent warranty . It will be used mostly for handgun hunting.
Contact Leupold and let them know that yours broke. They offered me over half off on a new model. I think I paid $300 for a new 2800 yard model. It is a lot better quality than my original. Other models were cheaper.

Look at a maven. They claim it'll do 4500 yards. I've ranged about 3880 non reflective (tree) over and over just messing with it but it's extremely reliable. If I lost it today I'd order a new one tomorrow.

Take a look at the Athlon Midas 1 Mile Rangefinder which is on sale for $179.99
Fully Multicoated optics effectively reduces reflected light and increases the transmission of light giving you a brighter image than normal single coated lenses

Waterproof to protect the product in the harshest weather conditions or if accidentally submerged underwater

Diopter adjustment - Adjusts for precise focus on display

Angle Compensation Mode - Provides true horizontal distance to target

Line of Sight Mode - Provides actual line of sight range

Scan Mode - Allows you to get quick readings on different objects or tracking a moving target

Dual Units of Measurement of Distance (Y/M) - Ranges in yards or meters

Effective Ranging Distance - 5-1700 yards

Take a look at the Athlon Midas 1 Mile Rangefinder which is on sale for $179.99
Fully Multicoated optics effectively reduces reflected light and increases the transmission of light giving you a brighter image than normal single coated lenses

Waterproof to protect the product in the harshest weather conditions or if accidentally submerged underwater

Diopter adjustment - Adjusts for precise focus on display

Angle Compensation Mode - Provides true horizontal distance to target

Line of Sight Mode - Provides actual line of sight range

Scan Mode - Allows you to get quick readings on different objects or tracking a moving target

Dual Units of Measurement of Distance (Y/M) - Ranges in yards or meters

Effective Ranging Distance - 5-1700 yards
So it will range deer at 1000+?

So it will range deer at 1000+?
From the Athlon website ...
1712747749085.png

(SOURCE: https://athlonoptics.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Midas-Laser-Rangefinder-1-Mile-Spec-Sheet.pdf)

Have you considered the GPO RT1800
Magnification 6x
Objective diameter 20 mm
Exit pupil 16 mm
Exit Relief 3,33 mm
Diopter correction +3
Field of view at 1000 meters 7,5°
Laser Response time 0,33 sec
Scan mode Yes
Length 94 mm
Width 33 mm
Heigth 76 mm