Radical firearms any good?

Andro Corp is good and less well known brand for ARs. They typically/historically have sourced components from Ballistic Advantage, SLR Rifle works etc. I run one of their uppers on my old coyote gun and it has been great, especially if you can land one of the blemished uppers.

https://androcorpind.com/product/ar15-300-blackout-16-inch-mlok-no-bcg-charging-handle-5/
Im wondering how good the barrels are on aero precision, am I better off building one and what would it cost to get good stuff, not the best, don't want to pay a ton, aero will cost pretty much 500, no bolt

Im wondering how good the barrels are on aero precision, am I better off building one and what would it cost to get good stuff, not the best, don't want to pay a ton, aero will cost pretty much 500, no bolt

The barrels on all the brands so far mentioned are pretty much going to be a wash. They are all going to be some kind of Chrome/Moly steel with some flavor of corrosion treatment. If you want better accuracy, a cold hammer forged (CHF) barrel will be better, and a stainless steel or match barrel even better than that. The problem is 300Blk is not a precision caliber, so you are going to have to hunt to find even a CHF barrel in a legal length. Either way it is going to cost you more than you probably want to spend for this project, and not offer enough improvement in accuracy to matter for a deer gun.

If you have already bought into an Aero on layaway I would probably stick to that. Otherwise the Andro I listed is $545 with BCG and CH. Palmetto has a daily deal on a 16" upper with BCG which may be worth grabbing up for $350.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...eight-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-ch-5165448932.html

They are more or less going to perform the same, but the Aero will likely have a better fit and finish.

I would avoid Radical Firearms, I have heard mixed things about their products and it isn't worth buying junk.

The barrels on all the brands so far mentioned are pretty much going to be a wash. They are all going to be some kind of Chrome/Moly steel with some flavor of corrosion treatment. If you want better accuracy, a cold hammer forged (CHF) barrel will be better, and a stainless steel or match barrel even better than that. The problem is 300Blk is not a precision caliber, so you are going to have to hunt to find even a CHF barrel in a legal length. Either way it is going to cost you more than you probably want to spend for this project, and not offer enough improvement in accuracy to matter for a deer gun.

If you have already bought into an Aero on layaway I would probably stick to that. Otherwise the Andro I listed is $545 with BCG and CH. Palmetto has a daily deal on a 16" upper with BCG which may be worth grabbing up for $350.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...eight-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-ch-5165448932.html

They are more or less going to perform the same, but the Aero will likely have a better fit and finish.

I would avoid Radical Firearms, I have heard mixed things about their products and it isn't worth buying junk.
I agree with you, I did see a good deal at PSA, but I agree cause why not get a bolt gun that will shoot much farther and I reload it now but that 300 blackout has grown on me in semi auto but gotta shoot good, right bullet in 223 will do the job in ar I got I would think

Well for what's it's worth I've had a few of both.
First radical is a crap shoot. They are not terrible but not even close to psa.
I have a pile of psa and in fact the rig I used most of the time for well the ver 5 years and several hundred animals was a psa upper in 300blk. Shoots under .5moa.
Since then I've moved to the 6.5 Grendel from them and again is a great upper best bang for you buck.
Now if you still want a higher end I would say look up larue. My latest upper is from them after being draw in with fit and finish.
That being said I'm not sure it's worth the extra money. Accuracy wise I've always been able to find a load pretty easy that gets a psa where it needs to be. Psa would be my choice
. Side note only ever had one issue with a psa bolt group and they had one at my door next day so I could go hunt, just asked I send the old one back when I had time.

Been looking at some radical firearm reviews, seem to be pretty good for a basic ar upper in 300 blackout, I got an aero precision upper on layaway but will pretty much be a deer gun and I could save a lot going with radical, any experience with them, guess they're made in Texas so I see a bunch of members from there and hoping you guys could shed some light on these.
I have enjoyed them--had several. Lifetime warranty and my two 6.5 Grendels held 1/2 MOA. What else can you ask for, especially at their price points--I would have no issues jumping into another one. I also know, last time I checked in with them, they've donated over 600 rifles to law enforcement. Good folks down there.

I have enjoyed them--had several. Lifetime warranty and my two 6.5 Grendels have achieved 1/2 MOA out to 100. What else can you ask for, especially at their price points--I would have no issues jumping into another one. I also know, last time I checked in with them, they've donated over 600 rifles to law enforcement. Good folks down there although I have made a couple of updates to my Grendels like adjustable gas blocks and swapped a trigger in one for a Timney comp. Good luck on your search.

I have a Radical in 5.56 and it has never been accurate with either 55 or 62 grain bulk ammo. It has a 7 twist barrel so I was hoping the 62 grain would shoot well but it is an honest 4-5" group at 100 yards gun. It is my first AR and I was drawn in by the low cost a few years ago. It does function well but is just not nearly as accurate as I had hoped. I don't shoot it all that often and honestly don't really know where to start to make it more accurate (barrel, upper, gas block, etc). Mine is a sample of one but I have read enough good things about the PSA guns that if I was doing it all over, I would start there.

Been looking at some radical firearm reviews, seem to be pretty good for a basic ar upper in 300 blackout, I got an aero precision upper on layaway but will pretty much be a deer gun and I could save a lot going with radical, any experience with them, guess they're made in Texas so I see a bunch of members from there and hoping you guys could shed some light on these.
I've got a radical firearms in 5.56. Had nothing but good luck with it. Of course rifles that are 2-3x more expensive have better accuracy and are a bit more smooth operating but this was plenty accurate to pass my rifle quals. We were told to not clean our rifles until we had a jam or other failure. I've had over 1500 rounds through mine and not one failure yet. Other rifles guys had jammed regularly, more than once in 500 rounds. Maybe I just got a great running rifle but 1-2 moa, fairly tight, and no feed issues give me confidence in my radical firearms ar.

Okay. Call this a stupid answer to a stupid question, but here goes:
He said " a deer gun" then wanted to know about quality and accuracy from bargain basement level ARs.
My perspective: for the same money, buy a savage scoped combo, or a Howa 1500 mini. You'll get a ton more quality and accuracy. And you'll be seen as a more ethical hunter, because you respect the life of the animal you've hunting.

Didn't like the weight of my RF. Accuracy was sub-par. Took too long to find bullet / load it liked. I had to stay under 100gr with my 6.5 GL to shoot anything with good results.

Ive had a radical 10.5 300 blk out for 5 or 6 years and never had any problems. Ive never had trouble with accuracy with multiple different loads. Also have some higher end ARs and like others have said you can tell the difference. As far as functioning and working when ive needed though, its never gave a problem.