Radical firearms any good?

6pakzak

Been looking at some radical firearm reviews, seem to be pretty good for a basic ar upper in 300 blackout, I got an aero precision upper on layaway but will pretty much be a deer gun and I could save a lot going with radical, any experience with them, guess they're made in Texas so I see a bunch of members from there and hoping you guys could shed some light on these.

Another question would be how do they compare to psa, I'm not sure if I should get the aero precision or one of these, is the aero worth twice the price, more accurate?

They are ok. Not super high quality or accurate.
Agreed. Hit or miss on quality. Like
Most things you get what you pay for.
Another question would be how do they compare to psa, I'm not sure if I should get the aero precision or one of these, is the aero worth twice the price, more accurate?
Yes Aero is much higher quality than Radical or PSA.

Just to caveat. I own 3 radical firearms. I got the uppers complete for $250. I had to swap out the barrels because they kept jamming. Turns out the gas port holes were the incorrect size. I now use 14.5 inch pinned ballistic advantage barrels and the guns run great now. Budget ARs prices are so alluring that even if you get a dud now you just have an excuse to make it exactly how you want. If it shoot then that's awesome. If it doesn't…build time!!

Did research around a year ago and seemed their quality control was hit or miss.

Seems like reviews for almost any upper are good, be nice if there were some honest reviews, that's why I'm asking you guys and so far radical is probably out, looks like my choice is PSA or AP, are they close or pretty far apart?

Seems like reviews for almost any upper are good, be nice if there were some honest reviews, that's why I'm asking you guys and so far radical is probably out, looks like my choice is PSA or AP, are they close or pretty far apart?

Eh…aero is sexier. My little bro has two PSAs and I've had several pass through my hands. My little bro took his $800 factory PSA to a training course and shot 1000 rounds in a day without a single jam. No idea on accuracy for either aero or psa. He was only shooting IPSCs to about 150 yards.

Aero fit and finish is nicer. No idea on accuracy or reliability. Just what I read on the interwebs, my friends reviews of their Aeros, and judging off their higher price.

I paid a lot of money for a Browning xbolt and it didn't shoot well, first time with a rifle I spent more to get a little higher end, was beautiful but shot bad, I said the hell with this and went back to savage cause I know it works and shooting great, so I think sometimes spending more doesn't necessarily get you a better gun and that's why I'm not sure about the blackout but I will spend more if it's worth it, I wish the browning shot better cause I liked everything else about it better but it comes down to the accuracy and of course reliability

I have a upper from Radical in 6.5 Grendel and feel its pretty good quality.
Shot great right out of the box.Here it is to view:
I have the same upper. Mine shoots great as well...easy sub-MOA with everything I've run through it. I've heard they're hit or miss as well, quality-wise, but I've been extremely happy with my Grendel upper from RF.