que adjustable muzzle brake

Big Jakes

I just received my new que industries muzzle brake from brownells. I am going to install it on a weatherby vanguard series .300 win mag. We are going to install wednesday I will post a review of install then.

Well we got it installed. It was very simple I cleaned the muzzle and tapped the end of the brake on with a mallet. There is a ring that shrinks and clamps the part on. When heated the ring does its job well. I should be at the range saturday we will see if this does what its supposed to.

How did it perform at the range? I have recently begun looking for a muzzle brake for my new Browning A-Bolt Long Range Hunter in 7MM. I was curious if the adjustable, slip on style brakes performed as well as the threaded style. Kind of nice that is could be used on multiple rifles. Thanks.

I am also hestitant on buying a muzzle brake that discharges gas down toward the ground. I do not want a dust cloud engulfing me when I am hunting and trying to have a clear sight picture for a second shot. Did this kick up much dust when you shot it?

In my opinion this is just a "poor man's Boss". I tried one on my 7mm Mag Stalker and it didn't reduce recoil much OR tighten groups any. I removed it, sent it back and got my money back. If you're looking for a brake, get a brake, not a compromise. And get one with baffles, not ports all around it. Hope this helps.

I went shooting yesterday with my .300win with the que brake. I shot prone multiple times with no kick up dust issues. I am satisfied with the brake.

I've used these before and had good luck. Brownells does not carry them anymore Do you have any good contact information for Que as I'm having a hard time getting a phone number that works for them. I want to order a couple of more but have no way to do it. Can you help! if you want you can email it to me at [email protected]. Thanks! Don

In my opinion this is just a "poor man's Boss". I tried one on my 7mm Mag Stalker and it didn't reduce recoil much OR tighten groups any. I removed it, sent it back and got my money back. If you're looking for a brake, get a brake, not a compromise. And get one with baffles, not ports all around it. Hope this helps.
It's not a "poor man's" at all. It costs more than any other brake including installation.

It is my belief you didn't give it a proper chance.

For me, it did reduce recoil but not as much as a pure brake. Tuning a BOSS type system is tedious.

It helped my 300WSM until I rebarreled it. It is part of what made my stock barrel Vanguard 223 work.

If you want more braking action you could sleeve the end and bore it to the proper dimensions
Put an O-ring inside the brake end.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.