Pup desperately needs a little help

The pit ripped the pup's entire stomach open. It can be seen in the image on the GoFundMe page. It's a miracle that the pup is alive. He is holding his own for now but recovery will take some time. I'll provide an update as he progresses.

It's heartbreaking to see bad things happen to your dogs. I've had Golden Retrievers for the last 30 yrs. One (Lance) died of lung cancer and another (Cody) had lepto pretty bad but he pulled through.

Here's Cody shortly after I picked him up from the breeder.

View attachment 353634
Beautiful. Sorry about the attack. Just sent a few.

Just donated. Sorry to hear, makes me sick to my stomach to think if it was one of mine.

Hope he pulls through ok.

Did your friend's dog pull through ok? Was he able to manage the vet bills?
The pup is still alive but has several significant issues. It will be a long haul for the dog and I can't help but wonder if saving it was the right thing to do. The current vet bill is now over $20,000. They are allowing for a payment plan but the poor guy will never be able to pay this off. Even at $20,000 the bills keep coming in.

The owner has been located. He lives in an apartment nearby. The pitbull slipped out past the front door when the owner opened it. He refuses to even talk about the matter even though he apparently witnessed the attack. My friend is looking for an attorney who will work for a contingency fee. I think it's a longshot because it doesn't sound like the dog's owner is situated to pay either.

Thanks to all of you who pitched in to help or forwarded his GoFundMe link. Every bit helps.

So sorry to hear about this situation. We are really hoping for the best outcome and this puppy gets the good care and heals from this terrible attack. There are lot of Veterinarians that donate their time and services in cases like this. I am really suppressed that his vet is charging so much $$$ and that other Vets in the area haven't stepped up to help out. I only hope that this vet is being honest about the injuries, costs of treatments and what is best for the puppy. We and sure most of you love our animals and can't see the injured or in pain & suffering. There are Vets and people the know us an say when they die they want to come back as a cat of dog and be adopted by us. We just rescued another puppy this week.
Every now and then we get a dog, pup, cat attacked by coyotes or another dog in our area. Unless the attack is limited the outcome is not good. Animal attacks are extremely hard on other animals.
We are hoping and praying for the best outcome and the puppy comes out well and being able to live a normal dog life.

Just saw this for first time. I can"t have a dog or cat due to severe allergy and asthma. But love dogs more than I can say. I sent a donation and hope the little guys pulls through.
Sincerely, Thom.

Just to clarify - The pup was initially seen by a vet in an Emergency Vet Hospital. That is where the initial estimate of cost was determined to be $10,000. Eventually, the dog was discharged from the emergency facility but required continual care at a regular veterinary care location.

The dog is back home now but requires extensive medication and care. It is taken back to the vet often. My buddy and his girlfriend are so attached to the dog that they have devoted most of their time and all of their money to its care. They asked me to express their gratitude to eveyone who helped, including those who sent words of encouragement and prayer.

Here's one thing I learned when I lost my first Golden - a dog is just a dog until you lose him - it's then that you realize that he was every bit of a family member.

All-in-all, this pitbull attack was a disastrous event for everyone.

I read the little listing but it had no real facts? Who's property did it happen on? Were they leashed? The bulldog owner could be sued?
But remember dogs are considered property like a wheelbarrow or chainsaw so replacement is all you can recover.
I've had pitbulls for 50 years and I love them! Here's one of my boys at 44 or 45 pounds

Attachments

• Redi-Mix.jpg
    Redi-Mix.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 30
Just to clarify - The pup was initially seen by a vet in an Emergency Vet Hospital. That is where the initial estimate of cost was determined to be $10,000. Eventually, the dog was discharged from the emergency facility but required continual care at a regular veterinary care location.

The dog is back home now but requires extensive medication and care. It is taken back to the vet often. My buddy and his girlfriend are so attached to the dog that they have devoted most of their time and all of their money to its care. They asked me to express their gratitude to eveyone who helped, including those who sent words of encouragement and prayer.

Here's one thing I learned when I lost my first Golden - a dog is just a dog until you lose him - it's then that you realize that he was every bit of a family member.

All-in-all, this pitbull attack was a disastrous event for everyone.
We have been rescuing dogs and cats forever. They are not just an animal (dog, cat, Horse) they become our Canine, Feline children and part of our family and we are entrusted to care for them. You can't put a price on the love they give back to you. They are always there to brighten your day up, never argue with you or you a hard time (well Samson is an old man now and does whatever he wants plus he is 145 lbs so he pushes his size around). When one is sick or passes on it really affects our family. We know what you friends are going through and wish for the best.
We have rescued quite a few over the years and unfortunate they can't live forever. We will do anything to keep them healthy and happy. We are very lucky that we have a very good friend that is a Vet and takes good care of our "Children" and most of the time doesn't charge because he knows we rescued cats and dogs that were discarded and one else wanted.

I read the little listing but it had no real facts? Who's property did it happen on? Were they leashed? The bulldog owner could be sued?
But remember dogs are considered property like a wheelbarrow or chainsaw so replacement is all you can recover.
I've had pitbulls for 50 years and I love them! Here's one of my boys at 44 or 45 pounds

The pup was being walked on a leash by my buddy's girlfriend. It was on a public sidewalk in a residential neighborhood. The pitbull appeared out of nowhere and attacked the little dog. The girlfriend couldn't possibly stop the pit. It eventually released the torn up dog and ran off.

We hear the same story all the time around here regarding pitbulls and attacks on people and pets. Owners say they are no different than any other breed. Statistics say otherwise. All dog owners are fully responsible for the action of their dogs. If you own a dog with the potential to do serious harm to kids, pets, or other you need to make 110% sure that you've got them secured.

The owner of this pit should be compelled to foot the vet bill and the courts should determine what the owner should be required to do to safeguard the public. Just my 2 cents.

This dog looks really friendly? Great picture to portray what Pitbull's look like and how they act. Anyone say "Attack Mode"

Last edited: