Punishment for the classified document leaker

IMO our government data security cannot even meet industrial standards. Classified documents removed from the NSA without recall to NSA? Try to remove a classified document from a company database. You will be arrested and list your career. SOS violates the National Security Act by using personal server? We will never know the depth of intelligence damage. Personal devices were allowed access to network? No company allows this risk. Believe this was halted after server fiasco, I hope.? Enemies do not need agents, just garage sale buyers.

This isn't a partisan issue just incomprehensible data security control. You know when someone and who, their access granted while they are actually accessing a classified document. Why wasn't bells and whistles were going off throughout the data security community in government? Waited to find out from NYT?

Remember what Chelsea Manning did and the end result.

"On August 21, 2013, Manning was sentenced to 35 years' imprisonment, reduction in pay grade to E-1, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and a dishonorable discharge.[14] On January 17, 2017, President Barack Obama commuted Manning's sentence to a total of seven years' confinement. Manning was released on May 17, 2017.[15][16] On May 31, 2018, the U.S. Army Court of Criminal Appeals upheld Manning's conviction of violating the Espionage Act of 1917.[17]"

I expect the same with this kid.

Shoot, I'd settle for just seeing, not even prosecuting, Epstein's guest list to restore some faith in the legal system.
Of course us peasants will never see that list of all the elitist politicians, kings, princes, billionaires.
Too bad that he committed suicide while on suicide watch with a camera pointed at his cell that quit working and the guards happened to sleep through it.
Nothing to see there.

Of course us peasants will never see that list of all the elitist politicians, kings, princes, billionaires.
Too bad that he committed suicide while on suicide watch with a camera pointed at his cell that quit working and the guards happened to sleep through it.
Nothing to see there.
Yeah don't really know when but, they'll eventually get around to releasing all that stuff. McNamara and LBJ drumming up that Gulf of Tonkin tale into an actual War, those phone calls are already on youtube. Seems like hasn't even been 60 years since that happened. Only about 60,000 Americans lost their lives on that deal. Actually glad ol Epstein dint get a $40,000,000 dollar trial, to get the sentence he had coming.

What's laughable is we probably have a good security program. The problem in our siciety and our government is the very simple thought concept:

"Oh, this doesn't apply to me! Don't they know who I am?"

We desperately need term limits to stop/minimize corruption like we have now and last 50 years.