Punishment for the classified document leaker

quote: There will always be some scum, but I know the majority of folks involved in intelligence are good folks with patriot hearts.

I agree that there are some good people in intelligence……however, suggesting that the majority are good is a stretch, or they are not very intelligent! If they were truly intelligent, they would see that they are working with those working to destroy the sovereignty of America! Very misguided "patriotism"! memtb

Why not? There is no minimum age for a clearance and there's hundreds if not thousands of jobs that require very high levels of clearance from new soldiers. You're average infantryman requires an interim secret clearance to be in most modern infantry vehicles.
True. Most military members have a low level clearance just due to the fact that they are aware of troop movements, dates, locations, etc. Minor stuff.
IMO it would be unusual for an E3 in the National Guard to have highly sensitive information in regards to national security... unless he broke into a system and illegally aquired it.

When the documents were first discovered leaked lots of former intelligence guys were asked on various talk shows (take judging freedom for example) fell into two camps. One that it was Russian disinformation, the other believed it was rather high up leaks to prepare a soft landing as things were getting hard to hide. To have it turn up being a part timer that just so happens to be a stereotypical wet dream for this administration/msm (but I repeat myself) seemed a bitbto coincidental....

Now maybe we have a system where a part timer has access to this.... but then why were our top brass ignorant of these truths just last week.... either way something stinks.

quote: There will always be some scum, but I know the majority of folks involved in intelligence are good folks with patriot hearts.

I agree that there are some good people in intelligence……however, suggesting that the majority are good is a stretch, or they are not very intelligent! If they were truly intelligent, they would see that they are working with those working to destroy the sovereignty of America! Very misguided "patriotism"! memtb
I have to disagree with this.
Having had very deep conversations with those that I know who are/were involved in military intelligence, I was told just the opposite.
Just like any other group of people, it only takes a very few individuals to make the whole group look bad.

Right. Like twisting a betrayal of national security for personal promotion as something to celebrate and call for medals to be handed out. This isn't about disclosing corruption. There are legal protections for actual whistleblowers, but that's not what this guy was about.

I know country boys like us are independent and often pretty bull-headed, and that's not always a bad trait. 🙂 But let's not go blind on stuff like this. It brings national security consequences you have no idea about.
Legal protections ? We seen how they worked in the past. So have the whistle blowers.
How is it a secret when we've given Ukraine (who is fighting Russia) more $75 billion in military aid?
And the US has been provoking this war since the Georgian War. And most likely before. This so call leak is not new news. Heck I knew Ukraine was losing this war since Obama days. Nothings changed besides a few politicians are getting even wealthier selling more sophisticated equipment to the enemy. Or they used to be our enemy. lol

Sometimes things are "LEAKED" for a purpose!
Look at Snownden.
Does anyone actually believe that he had all the NSA info and was the first to LEAK it?????
If Snowden was a real threat to the Security of the USA does anyone think he could have passed the info to the media and lived?????
Have you watched Snowdens videos ? How he got out of the country, etc ?

I have to disagree with this.
Having had very deep conversations with those that I know who are/were involved in military intelligence, I was told just the opposite.
Just like any other group of people, it only takes a very few individuals to make the whole group look bad.

I guess that I was trying to suggest ..…working with those that are not acting in the best interest of our nation and our Constitution without some form of resistance is being complicit with the enemy !

Perhaps this young man is trying to shine a light on the "enemy within", perhaps he's merely a "scapegoat", perhaps he is just a fool, or perhaps he wants to future the harm being done every day by those that are working in the shadows destroying our nation!

We will likely never know! memtb

I guess that I was trying to suggest ..…working with those that are not acting in the best interest of our nation and our Constitution without some form of resistance is being complicit with the enemy !

Perhaps this young man is trying to shine a light on the "enemy within", perhaps he's merely a "scapegoat", perhaps he is just a fool, or perhaps he wants to future the harm being done every day by those that are working in the shadows destroying our nation!

We will likely never know! memtb
I say let him have his day in court….and see what OTHER roaches crawl out of the cracks. If judgement is guilty, then punish as required.

I say let him have his day in court….and see what OTHER roaches crawl out of the cracks. If judgement is guilty, then punish as required.

Rick, as I said, we may never know the full truth!

But, let's say he actually did leak document, what as his intent…..was it to do harm or shed light?

For myself, that would be the determining factor whether he spends time in prison or receives a medal! memtb

Rick, as I said, we may never know the full truth!

But, let's say he actually did leak document, what as his intent…..was it to do harm or shed light?

For myself, that would be the determining factor whether he spends time in prison or receives a medal! memtb
That kind of logic, is no doubt why Paul Tibbets, got to hand picked his B-29 crew members.