Punishment for the classified document leaker

No way could I make a decision with the lack of information and clear and obvious lying to us by our federal/state/local governments.
So, if your guy says the other guy is lying - how do you know if your guy isn't lying? There are ways of sorting through the natural inclination to shade the truth that has characterized the political figures of all sides. This is by no means a problem of one party, politically or in media. But you will never have the personal ability to perceive truth when emotionally invested to a party to the extent to where your guy can do no wrong and the other guys can do no right. I don't mean to get all religious here, but all you got to do is look at what the "right-wing radicals" did to Jesus. Mob stuff goes bad no matter the political alignment. It's a human nature thing, not a party thing. The sooner we get that figured out, the better for us. 🙂

Why not? There is no minimum age for a clearance and there's hundreds if not thousands of jobs that require very high levels of clearance from new soldiers. You're average infantryman requires an interim secret clearance to be in most modern infantry vehicles.
Yep, I was involved in some background investigative work under the DoD and the guys coming in for security clearance on the bottom end are young guys, some out of high school. It's pretty thorough though, and involves interviewing family, friends, employers, etc. The dude likely started good and worked himself up to the position he was in. Probably fed on some online poison along the way and got his thinking twisted up as well as likely having personal issues that made him vulnerable to impressing others to validate himself. Just because a bad actor pops up in an institution doesn't make the institution bad. There are a whole lot of good guys & gals in there too.

Last edited:
The guy should get a medal. When the government has become as corrupt as ours is, bringing it to the light is an act of patriotism.
I know that this will not be popula!

He should be rewarded for showing the depths of deception that our government operates. IMO…..Snowden should be treated as a hero! memtb
Lk 23:34 ..forgive them; for they know not what they [say]...

Judging from many of the responses…..it's very obvious why our Republic is dying! memtb
Right. Like twisting a betrayal of national security for personal promotion as something to celebrate and call for medals to be handed out. This isn't about disclosing corruption. There are legal protections for actual whistleblowers, but that's not what this guy was about.

I know country boys like us are independent and often pretty bull-headed, and that's not always a bad trait. 🙂 But let's not go blind on stuff like this. It brings national security consequences you have no idea about.

Recent Posts