Props to Hornady Customer Service

jpfrog

A bit of a read here on my personal experience working with Hornady customer service this week....

I started hand loading for IDPA in 9mm and 45acp about 13-14 years ago using a blue press and dies. Then I moved into loading for bolt actions using a combination of different green presses and dies and some different black dies, but never went near the red dies made by Hornady until I started loading for some 45 Colt and 357 Magnum a few weeks ago. I finally got my components, and immediately had a problem loading the 45 Colt- the sizing die was opening up the cases to about .454-.455" inside diameter and my .452" projectiles were dropping into the case and unable to be seated. I had to run everything through my ACP die to get enough neck tension to seat them.

I called Hornady and talked to a very helpful individual- walked him through what I was doing and how I was doing it, and what I was noticing as far as measurements go. He asked some questions and listened to my responses, and was very helpful. He then asked for my address and email- and I immediately got a notification in my Inbox that my replacement die order had been received and was being processed. He sent me a new die in .454 Casull to tighten down that inside diameter a few thousandths and hopefully fix the issue. No charge, just asked if it would be okay if he sent it to me and made it happen.

Outstanding customer service! Now if I could just get them to sell me some FTX projectiles without the pointed tip so I could try to replicate their factory ammo offerings in the Critical Defense line, I'd be set. :p

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.