Powder-what is a good price?

rl powders are pretty much off the map right now... I won't do any load development with them at all lately... Vit powder has for some reason been available, with IMR being somewhat available but pricy considering a lot of it is 70 year old technology...
I'm not playing the Varget/ retumbo game like some are either... I've got Retumbo and I frankly don't use it that much. I've actually gotten back into mil-surp a bit and I'm doing things like 4895 in a 7-08. I've got a couple kegs of wc872 I'll work up loads with this year too...
Same for Reloder 19 and 22. Made from unobtanium

But its easy to imagine the Government keeping a record of all hazmat shipments and then keeping a list of those who have bought reloading components. Those are the real nasty guys that can weather an ammunition shortage.
They can get the list from Midway, Powder Valley, etc. any time so no need to keep a list. There are zillions more things than reloading components that incur hazmat fees.

Back in the '80s lead was going way up in price, and I was shooting trap. Like a dummy, I ordered 100 lbs. of shot at the top of the market. Of course, the price eventually went back to normal, and I moved and quit shooting trap. I'm loading up the last bag now. Of course with the general inflation, no prices will ever go back to normal. I'm using a can of Green Dot that I inherited that has $11.69 price tag on it.

Last week I paid $39.00 for a pound of Ramshot Big Game powder at the LGS in Casper, WY.
That's really not too bad all things considered. My local go to guy hasn't been able to get anything in the way of powder for months.

I'm glad that I'm not in dire need for any.