Portable shooting Benches

I went brain dead trying to figure out how to mount the legs at an angle . welding up plates would have been easy for me , if I could have thought of that . I cut angled wood wedges and used pipe flanges to mount my legs . sorry I don't have a picture of the finished leg set up . if you don't weld , but like to wood work this would be an option . one pic shows the scrap from a 4x4 sheet of plywood

Attachments

• P7090403.JPG
    P7090403.JPG
    295.8 KB · Views: 64
  • P7090404.JPG
    P7090404.JPG
    296.7 KB · Views: 56
  • P7090397.JPG
    P7090397.JPG
    289.9 KB · Views: 53
  • P7090398.JPG
    P7090398.JPG
    300.4 KB · Views: 52
  • P7270422.JPG
    P7270422.JPG
    197.1 KB · Views: 52
  • P7090400.JPG
    P7090400.JPG
    375.4 KB · Views: 62
Here is a link to the old thread.

Cheers!

GOOD JOB to jimbires and Susquatch for posting the link to the older "Wood Bench/Table Plans" thread from 2014 .

This should give some options to those of us who are "Do it Yourself 'ers" .

The link that jimbires posted in #10 reply on page 1 of this thread , for the pre-built leg brackets is a very reasonable price for the leg brackets , if you are not a welder .

DMP25-06

Jimbires and Susquatch ,

How did you insert the "Link" to the older thread into your post , so that others can click-to-open the older thread ???

My 8 year-old Grandson tells me that "Old People don't know Modern Technology".
And , HE IS CORRECT , at least with my lack of computer skills .

DMP25-06

Jimbires and Susquatch ,

How did you insert the "Link" to the older thread into your post , so that others can click-to-open the older thread ???

DMP25-06

bring the old thread up . up where the www,longrangehunt.................... is , hold down the left mouse button and go from right to left over it , it turns blue . then hold down the "ctrl" button and push the "c" , then come to this thread and in the reply box hold down the "ctrl" button and push the "v" the link should show up .

Jimbires and Susquatch ,

DMP25-06

Well, your grandson is wrong in my case. I am over 70 and I am a geek's geek. In other words, the young geeks come to me when they don't know how to handle technology. I am a precision smith AND a guy who designed, programmed, and built his own computer before there were any.

Jimbires is right. That's one way to do it. On an android phone, just click once anywhere on the browser url - a number of choices will immediately appear below that. One of them is a copy icon. Click that, then go to where you want to insert the link, then paste. Done.

Another desktop trick is to drag the little icon right in front of the url onto the desktop. That will create a shortcut that can be used to go that page whenever you want again in future. But you can also drag the new shortcut to any document and that will also create the link you wanted to copy.

There are other tricks too. Just play with it and have fun. Then show your grandson how cool his grandpa is! Maybe take him shooting too. He will never forget that day as long as he lives.......

There are other tricks too. Just play with it and have fun. Then show your grandson how cool his grandpa is! Maybe take him shooting too. He will never forget that day as long as he lives.......
Susquatch ,

I have had my Grandson shooting BB guns since he was 4 , and we added pellet guns when he turned 6 years old.
He has some Autism traits and tendencies , he is very sensitive to loud noises , so as yet his Dad and I have not taken him to shoot firearms . Even the sounds of fireworks at July 4th seem to be too loud for him , wearing earmuffs . Hopefully , he will one day be able to shoot with me .
He was 8 on Dec. 10th , and is the youngest of my 5 grandchildren , and the only boy .
His 2 older sisters , and 2 older girl cousins have all gone shooting with me on several occasions , and they all enjoy shooting .

Thank You for the tips on computers .

DMP25-06

bring the old thread up . up where the www,longrangehunt.................... is , hold down the left mouse button and go from right to left over it , it turns blue . then hold down the "ctrl" button and push the "c" , then come to this thread and in the reply box hold down the "ctrl" button and push the "v" the link should show up .
Jimbires ,

Thank You for the tip on posting .

DMP25-06

Yeah, I reckon it was mailed on the first page. Getting a good solid folding leg mechanism takes some ideas skills and equipment. Firstly a good idea or design .

There are some good bench styles here.

Susquatch ,

I have had my Grandson shooting BB guns since he was 4 , and we added pellet guns when he turned 6 years old.
He has some Autism traits and tendencies , he is very sensitive to loud noises , so as yet his Dad and I have not taken him to shoot firearms . Even the sounds of fireworks at July 4th seem to be too loud for him , wearing earmuffs . Hopefully , he will one day be able to shoot with me .
He was 8 on Dec. 10th , and is the youngest of my 5 grandchildren , and the only boy .
His 2 older sisters , and 2 older girl cousins have all gone shooting with me on several occasions , and they all enjoy shooting .

Thank You for the tips on computers .

DMP25-06

Thanks for sharing! They are all different and all special in their own ways.

Until the last one, all my grandkids were boys. In fact, I am the oldest of 7 in my parents' family and all of our grandkids are boys. So my parents are great grandparents to 18 boys. Until just now when my daughter had a little girl. That said, that little girl will be a boy (a Tom boy) too! My daughter loves the outdoors and she can shoot and hunt as well as any boy. So I have no doubt about where that will lead for her daughter.

Life is great!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.