Policing our own…classifieds

We should all leave feedback for @johnnyk
We should leave "True Realistic" information on all Trading/Selling/Buying information.
If all is good POST IT to help the members reputation. If a member goes out of their way or gives you more than expected in the transaction-go ahead and give them an extra KUDU.
If all is not good make sure that you contact the other person to see what the issue is. Most of the time it is a simple email or phone call.
We always give our contact information and TRY to get the other member's contact info. Just don't go by "I'll take it" and a fast PM without communicating with the other member. Try to make it a little more personal than just a transaction.
We have made a lot of good acquaintances with members on LRH through Selling/trading/buying.
I have had a member(s) fly off the handle and call us when we were not involved to vent. It was something simple that a call would have fixed.
So the big thing is Communication. If a positive transaction - Post It! If it was not positive make sure that you try to work things out first. If you feel that you did everything and then still got a negative result then feel free to POST it so other members don't get a negative result.
There is a "Positive/Neutral/Negative" for transactions of members.
I was raised that if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything. BUT there is a way to post a negative comment when it is warranted.
It is very hard to post negative info about a member, but what happens to the next member that does a transaction with someone that is not fair/true/real/good person????
I guess if you put "Neutral" it would be a FLAG and members would want to contact you on the transaction.

We just hope that if we do any transactions with members and they didn't think it was fair they would contact us to discuss it and work it out.

This is just our opinions and doesn't advocate any policies of LRH.

God Bless
Len & Jill

We should leave "True Realistic" information on all Trading/Selling/Buying information.
If all is good POST IT to help the members reputation. If a member goes out of their way or gives you more than expected in the transaction-go ahead and give them an extra KUDU.
If all is not good make sure that you contact the other person to see what the issue is. Most of the time it is a simple email or phone call.
We always give our contact information and TRY to get the other member's contact info. Just don't go by "I'll take it" and a fast PM without communicating with the other member. Try to make it a little more personal than just a transaction.
We have made a lot of good acquaintances with members on LRH through Selling/trading/buying.
I have had a member(s) fly off the handle and call us when we were not involved to vent. It was something simple that a call would have fixed.
So the big thing is Communication. If a positive transaction - Post It! If it was not positive make sure that you try to work things out first. If you feel that you did everything and then still got a negative result then feel free to POST it so other members don't get a negative result.
There is a "Positive/Neutral/Negative" for transactions of members.
I was raised that if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything. BUT there is a way to post a negative comment when it is warranted.
It is very hard to post negative info about a member, but what happens to the next member that does a transaction with someone that is not fair/true/real/good person????
I guess if you put "Neutral" it would be a FLAG and members would want to contact you on the transaction.

We just hope that if we do any transactions with members and they didn't think it was fair they would contact us to discuss it and work it out.

This is just our opinions and doesn't advocate any policies of LRH.

God Bless
Len & Jill

I said we should all leave @johnnyk negative feedback because it would be a lasting form of good members policing out the bad. As has been stated, many members including yourself use and advocate ue of the feedback feature. If there were 10, 20, 30 negative feedback accounts it would have an impact. I think there is next to no chance that @johnnyk is not aware of the issue, nor is not aware of this thread, and his choice is to ignore the issue that his dishonesty and lack of integrity has brought about. That kind of behavior should not go over well with any of those who value honor, honesty, integrity, and their own word.

I left him feedback, and think others should as well.

I have zero issue posting names, just not sure if that's allowed.

And I agree, my gut told me that the whole "selling for a buddy" and MO only might bite me in the butt, luckily it was only for 90 bucks and not for the whole deal!
Yeah, any time someone is selling "for someone else", even if there really is no one else, it gives them the perfect excuse to plead ignorance of any problems. And there are a lot of people out there with no concept of integrity.

I sold a cheaper scope for a friend. I trust my friend and his reputation is good. If I sale something on here I'm putting my reputation on the product. As others mentioned a phone call is the best way to get a idea on a person's character. After talking with a couple different members I could tell that they were straight shooters.

As soon as I see "selling for a friend" I scroll on by. If the friend can't take the time and effort to sell it themselves it's an indication to me of how they take care of their stuff. I look at selling and buying on LRH as an earned privilege and if you can't take the time to join and interact on here, you shouldn't be using the classifieds.

As soon as I see "selling for a friend" I scroll on by. If the friend can't take the time and effort to sell it themselves it's an indication to me of how they take care of their stuff. I look at selling and buying on LRH as an earned privilege and if you can't take the time to join and interact on here, you shouldn't be using the classifieds.
Probably good advice right here.

He hasn't logged in since yesterday morning when he told me he refused to make it right. He's usually on a few times a day. Someone has a guilty Conscience.

Funny , i originally joined to sell a few things out of the barn , so far I only posted one time ,some old Styer manlicher actions , and they were so old only a few people even looked at the post , and the ones that did , probably said ," hey Fred ,look at these ,what can you build out of them ?
Haven't posed any thing else for sale , but have enjoyed the site

I have sold for friends and this is not even remotely the case. Here, I sold for guys with like 15 posts, no feedback. It becomes my sale, my word, my reputation.
The incessant whining in posts like this is just a prelude to more restrictions for sale ads, dirty laundry doesn't need to surface.
Slam the guy in the good guy thread and be done.

It would be nice if you could leave feedback and also link the thread. That way anyone who considers dealing with him has a link to this thread and can read and decide if they want to take the risk. Me personally I wouldn't want a negative review and $90 is just not worth it. It may be time to make selling for a buddy against the rules here, that of course isn't my decision to make.

This string takes me back to the good old days, before the interweb was such a popular thing and gun shows were the "in thing". I attended shows in a few states on a regular basis for buying/selling/trading and of course back then, it was not an issue with used guns and paper trails. I had gotten a good deal on a handful of guns from a guy that I worked with and he was needing money and I began selling them all separately, only to find out they were stolen. I immediately contacted the folks I had sold to already and made sure they knew I was going to make it right with them because I did not want my name and face associated with someone that sells stolen guns. All of them appreciated the fact that I did the right thing and I had a clear conscience. The guy I bought them from swore he didn't know they were stolen and in the end, though kicking and screaming, paid me back. Doing the right thing isn't always the easiest thing but that doesn't make it any less right.