A guy after our own hearts

blackco

I hope this link works (it's the first time I have tried to post one)
Just a little interesting reading from a guy sent to the "sand box" with un-acceptable equipment and what he did for his own good and the good of the guys he was with.

web page

A few months ago there was a very long thread about why the army kept on using 308 sniper rifles when there were better cartridges around. Your link illustrates true life in the army, you can't even get a sight post fixed on a standard issue rifle in a combat zone and people think you can get an non-standard item repaired /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. You are lucky if they even have your size boots.

Here is the new version of the original Army sniper scope for the M-21 used in the later stages of RVN

Leatherwood

The United States is THE world super power , with one of the biggest and well trained militaries on the planet yet we have soldiers going through crap like this , their is no reason that our boys shoulden't have the best tools on the planet and it stay perfect working order to do their job at all times.
things like this and the problem with the armor on the Hummer's overtheir and the poor out dated body armor realy chap my ***. I remember an E-mail I got about an effort to send cases of silly string to our troops over their , they use the silly string to check for trip wires before entering a building , and this effort got squashed because we can't ship presurized cans over seas. The question I have is whay in the hell hasen't the military contracted or better yet comodeered a pile of silly string to help keep our boys alive for pete's sake its silly string !!!

Our government is screwed up and its costing lives in combat their are to many bleeding hear liberal candy assed wussies worried about cost and weather or not sombody is gonna be offened by our actions , well damnit , this is a war and warfare is ugly , its cruel and people die somtimes inocent people die I hate that part but thats the process and thats what it takes to win.

Like the saying goes
" I love my country , but my government sacares me "

sorry for the rant this is a bit of a touchy subject for me

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.