Off topic but how do u deal with teenage daughters!

I try to be a dad but my real calling comes thru sometimes!!
5B245ABE-D74C-428B-BDC3-10F0BD693A78.png

Birth control is your friend. You sure dont want to have to raise and feed someone's mistake......trust me on that.

My daughter is four. When boys get into the picture I will probably have to pick up a little misdemeanor assault charge on the first one to set an example. I want all of those little peckers out there to know that the old bull still has horns. Of course, by the time she's 16 or so I will be in my fifties...so maybe I won't be able to fight anymore LOL.

I will just pray that she meets one boy, who is about 6'6" and 280 pounds, a black belt in several martial arts, a champion three gun shooter, and world record holder in IQ, who is the kind of boy that loves Jesus more than booty...and he can take care of her for the rest of his life and I can rest easy. That's probably a far fetched dream though huh?

Communication is the key , if she knows she can come to you and mom , you can still have an influence on her . Talk to her and try to reason , yelling and punishment will only push her away. Drinking heavily doesn't hurt either. Give her time and space and she will come to you for advice.

Brother I'm sorry to hear what you are going through and really hope it gets better for you and your family.

I'll try not to over step or be rude, that's just the way I am so apologies in advance Lol

My first advise would be: change yourself as another member mentioned before. I get it you are wired one way, but she won't change or even try if you dont show her the way. You cant change her but you can change yourself and hope she follows.

Be there for her, nothing is more important than family. The way its going it provably won't end good, but you still have to be there for her, you are all she has and problem is that she doesn't know it.

You'll have to pick up the pieces when this is done with and hope she realizes that all along you did what you did for her well being. I believe you should still be there for here regardless, sometimes we have to swallow our pride, well for me more than just a few times, but I believe that's how I become a better perao.

I think there has to be a compromise, we ain't living the world we grew up in anymore and things won't be the same as they we're, so we kinda of have to adapt and do the best we can and hopefully we dont screw it up, at least I hope I dont. I ain't sacred of many things but screwing up my kid is one of them, hope I get it right.

Hope I didn't over step Sir

Best of luck brother, and you'll be in my prayers.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.