A little off topic/music choices

I forgot to kick this in ealier

I HATE RAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really cant stand the crap

Just wanted to let it be known
steve

[ QUOTE ]
GG,

I have about 800 watts of powder in my little S-10 war wagon and it often gets pushed to the arch welding stage!!!
Kirby Allen(50)

[/ QUOTE ]

Better keep that juice away from your powder Kirby,sounds like a combination to get you to the moon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have not really found any type of music that I don't like yet. I used to install car and home audio systems, so yes I do like rap too.

Favorites have to be Pat Green, Willie, Waylon, old school Metallica, John Anderson, Oak Ridge Boys, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Theory of a Deadman, Twelve Stones, Haggard, Mark Cheasnut, George Strait, a little Tupac, SPM, STP, Ozzie, Linkin Park, Little Texas, Hank and Hank Jr, Gary Allan, Dwight Yoakum, Cory Morrow, Jason Boland, CCR (Cross Canadian Ragweed), pretty much all Texas country, Blake Shelton, Kieth Urban, India Arie, KEVIN FOWLER, and many many more

Ok I guess I'll put in mine as well. I like almost anything depending on the setting except any country newer than 1980ish. I like U2 (favorite group but I disagree on their take on politics), CCR, Beasty Boys, Beck, Johnny Cash, Hendrix, The Doors, Janice Joplin, Patsy Cline, Chet Atkins, the soundtrack from Braveheart, good acapella like The Mint Juleps or Ladysmith Black Mambazo, some up beat gospel, Dr. Didj (australian digeridoo music set to modern jazz), some old christian rock like Petra and Vox Humana, the blues and lots of other stuff but most of all...
I am a huge fan of old school rap. Before it turned too violent and when it had a true street sound before it was hollywoodized. Groups like The Sugarhill Gang, Run D.M.C., Eric B and Rakim, Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, Biz Markie, Grand Master Flash, King T and Rob Base and many many others.

I can't stand all the new bubblegum country starting from Billy Ray Sirus' achy brakey heart forward. It ain't country. It just wants to be.(but I still think shania twain is a hot smokin' burger.) Oh and I hate Conway Twitty (Greasy godfather of the pollyester lounge lizards) and Elvis (drug addicted strange bastard that wasn't all that talented after all). Not a fan of barber shop quartets either but I'll admit that that takes some solid talent.

I didn't read all of the above posts so I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes. It's only music and whatever you like is all that matters for you. (even if it is modern country /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

[ QUOTE ]

Most often you will find something like Guns and Roses, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Judas Priest or something similiar in the CD in the shop.

I will admit to liking the music fast and loud at most times. Have no problem with the heaviest stuff out there as long as I can understand what the hell they are saying.

If I am in a more somber mood it will be something like Bon Jovi or Def Leopard. If I am feeling a bit frisky it will be alot heavier then that and really loud. I have about 800 watts of powder in my little S-10 war wagon and it often gets pushed to the arch welding stage!!!

If you ever come to the shop though, do not be suprised to hear some god awful loud metal rock vibrating the walls!! Just me all by myself having a good time building rifles!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I understand why those Holland brakes aren't so loud to ya. LMAO

WEll my taste vary from old style country up to some of todays rock. I am really more into the rock back before the late 80's but there have been a few decent tunes come through since then. Stevie Ray Vaughn is tops as well as ZZ, Rush, AC/DC, and a few of the others from the early hard core days. I get to heading to the country for a hog hunt, and it just goes without saying, Shoot to Thrill is up and testing the membranes I have left. Not to mention some Great White, Blackfoot, April Wine or George Thorogood.

I do also have an ear for a few of the actual classical artist like Tchaikovsky, Bach and Beethoven. Sometime they just work when I am building a new fishing rod or into something that takes a little concentration. I also used to crank them up while out on the lake fishing bass tournements. It drew some pretty weird looks but it generally cleared the area and made for some great beats to work the lures to, course so did the AC/DC and a few others as well. LOL

Music! Ummmmmmmmm very interesting subject these days. I wasn't going to respond to this thread, being a rock & roll muscian from back in the 60's. I didn't want someone thinking I was just one of those Elvis, Ricky Nelson or Everly Brothers fans. I liked a lot of MO-Town (Temptations and Four Tops) and thought Tom Jones, who was from Whales was top shelf as a singer. I even liked some of the things the "Greatful Dead" put out over the airways. My mother taught my sisters and I to dance the Jitter Bug! I never missed a step on the dance floor to Tuxedo Junction.

Actually, I was raised on the Big Band sounds of Glen Miller, Arty Shaw, Count Basey, Duke Ellington and the Dorsey Brothers. I idolized the likes of Gene Kupa and Buddy Rich. Ringo Star still SUCKS in my book as a drummer!!!.........My father played Country & Western Music as well as singing a good tune. So I'll put in a plug for Hank Williams and his Hot Rod Ford going over the hill.

I will say, that I have many after thoughts of what young people are listening to these days. I forbid to listen to Rap music and most of the so called Hip Hop sounds. I don't like the loud Heavy Metal either. I liked to listen to a lot a lot of Country (Country & Western actually) Music from Johnny Cash, George Jones, Jim Stafford, Eddy Arnold, Roy Acup and Sons Of The Pioneers. Ghost Riders In The Sky!

I loved the way Duan Eddy and Conway Twitty (once rock & rollers) played a guitar and made it almost talk to ya. I did not like their country singing or their smoothed out looks on stage. I love to listen to groups such as Alabama amd Oak Ridge Boys. I always liked John Denver, especially his "Thank GOD I Am A Country Boy". Please turn up the radio, just not to loud ya hear. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Interesting thread, nice to here some things about the other people on the site that are about the people. My listening is on the Hard Rock side but not much is current. Among my favorites are: AC/DC, Def Leopard, Bon Jovi, Ted Nuggent, KISS, Britton, Scorpions, and ZZ Top. I almost never listen to the radio. When hunting "Terrible Ted" is usually the order of the day.

[ QUOTE ]
Most often you will find something like Guns and Roses, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Judas Priest or something similiar in the CD in the shop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is good to know. It is imperative my rifle does not listen to country and or western music. It's like a gremlin, I will not be held responsible for it's actions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My favorites include Clutch, Metallica, Pantera, otep (for when I think I have problems), kitty, Linda Perry (for the home theater), and anything from the 80's I either like it or I can at least laugh at it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What the heck,
Electric Guitar instrumental. Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, Ted Nugent, Frank Zappa (Shut Up and Play Your Guitar). Virtually none of what I prefer to listen to has any vocals even if it is by one of my favorite artists.
Coyoter

[ QUOTE ]
.(but I still think shania twain is a hot smokin' burger.)

[/ QUOTE ]

You betcha but Faith is better looking. ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Both married dweebs too but at least SHania's hubby did some producing for AC/DC. What did that wannabe in the wife beater do to catch Faith's eye anyway?

[ QUOTE ]
Conway Twitty (Greasy godfather of the pollyester lounge lizards)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is the funniest line I've ever heard on this site!! I had to wipe my drink off the monitor! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting thread, nice to here some things about the other people on the site that are about the people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think it's good too. It's been fun to read. Nice choice in tunes by the way!

[ QUOTE ]
That is good to know. It is imperative my rifle does not listen to country and or western music. It's like a gremlin, I will not be held responsible for it's actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that is a pre-requisite to a good shooting stick. Country should never vibrate one's barrel. Only the harmonics of Rock can dedicate a barrel properly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is good to know. It is imperative my rifle does not listen to country and or western music. It's like a gremlin, I will not be held responsible for it's actions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My favorites include Clutch, Metallica, Pantera, otep (for when I think I have problems), kitty, Linda Perry (for the home theater), and anything from the 80's I either like it or I can at least laugh at it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

++++++++++++1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif