OCW test distance for 338LM?

Very true some flat spots are not accurate but find one that is or tune one and it will work well at a grand and beyond. Low SDs low vertical dispersion at range. Satterlee thank you, forgot his name. Dude knows what he's talking about.

Tell your self whatever makes you feel good. A flat spot in velocity does NOT always shoot tight at long range or short range for that matter. It is your time and money so it makes no difference to me. I have lost count of the number of people PMing me asking why their flat spot either flat will not shoot or shoots great one day and not another.

The fact the they do not always work just says you wasted components. The ladder test will always find the node and do it in very few rounds.

OCW works great as well but takes more rounds/time.

Last edited:
Tell your self whatever makes you feel good. A flat spot in velocity does NOT always shoot tight at long range or short range for that matter. It is your time and money so it makes no difference to me. I have lost count of the number of people PMing me asking why their flat spot either flat will not shoot or shoots great one day and not another.

The fact the they do not always work just says you wasted components. The ladder test will always find the node and do it in very few rounds.

OCW works great as well but takes more rounds/time.
I respectfully disagree.

First you obviously do not pay attention to what Alex is shooting. Second anyone who can't comprehend that almost every advancement in long range hunting came from benchrest of some sort and that it absolutely matters probably should not be shooting at animals long range.

Alex has no problem getting under .5 moa, usually much tighter at 1k with heavy recoiling magnum rifles. I have been doing ladders since before I even knew who Alex was and I have no problem getting the same results. I don't care what cannon you are shooting if you can not get under .5 moa vertical in a controlled situation like a ladder test you either should not be shooting at game at those distances or you need to shoot a lighter recoiling rifle you can handle.

So yes if you can't shoot accurately enough to consistently hit the vitals "don't shoot that far".
Sorry I didn't see this blathering response earlier, but I have you on "ignore".

I think you shall stay there.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.